Find ideas on games and game features

Backward Compatibility for XNA Indie Games

With the launch of Backwards Compatibility Program on the xbox one, I am wondering if we will see the indie game market place eventualy make a return to the list?

Indie games was a large portion of the Xbox catalog on the 360 and had man great games that people still play even today

I've seen several games on the list that use XNA and seeming its an emulator there is not compatability problems, So why no love for the indie games?

And Xbox Admin mentioned before that
"Xbox One is going to be backwards compatible with the Xbox 360 library of games both physical"
and then linked to a list that obtains only AAA Titles and Arcade Titles.

2,945 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TM ClericalTM Clerical shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

243 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BRORAMSEY239BRORAMSEY239 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Indie Games could be on Xbox One, then that would be TOTALLY AMAZING! We could finally play Murder Miners on this amazing console!

• MonzterAssassinMonzterAssassin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does Microsoft not even address these suggestions? Please bring indies back. They not only are good for the community and friends, but also generate even more $$$ for Microsoft to fund their new content!

• CriTiiKaLR3APERCriTiiKaLR3APER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TotalMiner was an amazing Indie Game, I would love to see every Indie games to come back because they are all fun but mostly TotalMiner and any other survival indie game like CastleMinerZ , made by an excellent Developer's ( Hi Craig ). The Community was not the biggest, but active. TM featured so many awesome stuff: scripting, multi-texture blocks, in-game shops, in-game money, a fantastic voxel art, great Otis and more. I would love to see it bc or developed for the One.

• xSoulHunterDKxxSoulHunterDKx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Total Miner was a great indie Game, made by a awesome Developer ( hi Craig ). The Community was not the biggest, but active. TM featured so many awesome stuff : scripting, multi texture blocks, ingame shops, ingame money, a fanstastic voxel art, great Osts and more. I would love to see it bc or developed for the One.

• UndergradGrubUndergradGrub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love idea indie games is still fun. If indie games comes to xbox one there be more things to do

• McBean56545McBean56545 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be amazing for all of the games that I wanted to play long after my Xbox 360 goes kaput. I love the indie games!

• pulldoveroshiiipulldoveroshiii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved the indie and arcade games, head shot 1&2, dishwasher: dead samurai/vampire smile, try not to fart! They were a very cool thing to have available

• EliteZirrickEliteZirrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I remember the days where so many of my family would play games like total miner or murder miners and ever since i got xbox one it seems like "hanging" with the group kinda died down sure we have fun on xb1 but not as much with out these indie games plz make them playable on xb1 hell it can only help sells so y not i mean i will be able to relive the golden days of 360

• Tragic BlurrTragic Blurr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft, indi games were a way for us gamers to get to know other game developers out trying to make it. It was also a way to experience new games differently from the ones we bought from the store. Graphics wasn't their biggest strenth, but the feeling was set in a retro gaming way. I don't know how the sales were personally for indi game company's to get to rent or pay to establish their products on the consoles. So please let Total Miner be assessable for XB1 users.

• TEZF1TEZF1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indie games = more sales of xbox one
    castle miner z will bring so many new people over to next gen, there are people who will NOT
    buy a xbox one because of this reason there list of indie game are to good to let go,
    its a no brainer...

• TridentNovaTridentNova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm tired of lazy 4j studios ruining xbox mc. Bring back the real building survival game Total Miner! like seriously, total miner on xbox 360 can have 24 people. Xbox one MC only has 8. They suck at their jobs. Give us the amazing game Total Miner!

• Unbrokengull63Unbrokengull63 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the indie market even if it was full of crappy games they were our crappy fun games castle miner z rip

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base