Find ideas on games and game features

Where's the JRPG (Japanese Style Role Playing Game)? Will JRPG gamers be left out?

We have shooting, adventure, and Western RPG, but where's the jrpg? I know I'm not the only one who's wanting a Lost Odyssey sequel.

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with other JRPG ideas posted by RealSenjuSage, Marc55, Sam El Palmares, Bmwhitehead2000, and AcceleratorLV6. Thanks everyone!]

4,819 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FineAxel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • CjSHINE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need more anime inspired games period. Ps4 alone has the best anime lineup ive ever seen coming in 2018 and xbox is missing out on alot of money. I swear if my hero academia isnt coming im gonna play my ps4 more.

• Oathiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make Tales of Vesperia Xbox 360 backward compatible, it's an amazing game!!

• zer0theclown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, bring any and all JRPGs to the system you can. Make those deals. Get big games like Nier: Automata and Nioh that already have Windows versions up and running on Steam. Get upcoming games like Ni no Kuni II, which is also releasing on pc. Contract Mistwalker, or anyone else if they aren't interested, to continue Lost Odyssey as a platform exclusive JRPG. Throw us a bone!

I completely understand that things like Persona 5 and the original Kingdom Hearts games may never come, but if you have good working relationships with the publishers like Bandai Namco and/or there is already a pc version of said game, it should also be on Xbox One!

• Ushae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lost Odyssey 2 would be amazing.

MS are also missing out on RPG that could do well on the platform like Persona series, not even an exclusive but they missed Xbox due to audiences.

• zer0theclown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I truly hope for more JRPG's on the system, but I'm super hopeful these days seeing what's coming our way. Monster Hunter World, Code Vein, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Romancing Saga 2, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Dark Souls series, etc. If you want more, support these fully!

• guixtreme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After Phil's last trip to Japan some RPG's started to appear, for next year we have Monster Hunter World, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, Code Vein, Valkyria Chronicles 4, and I believe more will come from Bandai-Namco

• ChoicePhoenix99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

xbox is apiece of ***.WHY you ask?Because Microsoft is only interested in selling their products WRPG and will never drop a dime to promote a Jrpg.If you want to play jrpgs throw your Xbox away and get a Sony.It'll pay for itself by not charging you monthly to play single player games that you already paid for!!!heres a list of the top 15 jrpgs on xbox of all time, in which zero are backward compatible.just plain biased *** microsoft

• ManuXumia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quality games like Persona 5 or the entire franchise, Neptunia series, Star Ocean, none of these exists on Xbox One. We don't even have Nier Automata. how do you expect we can be happy playing on Xbox One? Come on, Microsoft! We NEED these games!

• shige2006 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am Japanese. In Japan, xbox is struggling very hard.
    The current weekly sales volume is about several hundred.
    Well, what I would like to ask is Japan's original RPG.
    Although I want a new IP if I say real intention, I think that I will have no problem even in the sequel of titles released in the past.
    For example Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery etc.
    Please consider.
    Thank you for setting up requests and opinions.

• SwiftMe1on commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bandai Namco would be a great step in the right direction. Some other games like Hatsune Miku Future Tone and The Hyperdimension series would be great if they'd come to Xbox.

• SERIOUSHALOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let me also insist as most have said that a NEW exclusive Breath of Fire is far from impossible for XBOX to snag....

They already got the Breath of Fire reboot: which is merely a tease of what a real game would be like. An exclusive 3D Breath of Fire sequel would light the lands of Asia ablaze....

• SERIOUSHALOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also I fourth and fifth the request on a LOST ODYSSEY 2 (that everyone has posted everywhere)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base