Find ideas on games and game features

Backward Compatibility for XNA Indie Games

With the launch of Backwards Compatibility Program on the xbox one, I am wondering if we will see the indie game market place eventualy make a return to the list?

Indie games was a large portion of the Xbox catalog on the 360 and had man great games that people still play even today

I've seen several games on the list that use XNA and seeming its an emulator there is not compatability problems, So why no love for the indie games?

And Xbox Admin mentioned before that
"Xbox One is going to be backwards compatible with the Xbox 360 library of games both physical"
and then linked to a list that obtains only AAA Titles and Arcade Titles.

3,276 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TM Clerical shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

267 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Impakt Amethyst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss this game so damn much, but everyone switched to Xbox one and there is no way to play it online anymore. I wish it could come to Xbox one, I would love that and many of my friends that I met on Total Miner years ago would as well. Bring back the nostalgia!

• Pathfinder198 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make this happen I want total miner forge,castle miner z,i made a game with zombies in it and murder miners back now. Please stop being cheap microsoft

• HiddenRanger659 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I say they should. One of my favorite Indie Games, Total Miner: Forge, would be fantastic to play when I get an Xbox One. They also should let them to continue to use the C# rather than C++. It just means they have to redo the WHOLE scripting aspect of the game! Let it be released, then let them work on the conversion while it's released at least.

• Jayjay122 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still wishing for this to happen someday, then I could play a bunch of games I own like:

-20 Games To Play With Your Mates
    -Deadburg
    -Cursed Loot / "Epic Dungeon" before the rename
    -Miner Dig Deep
    -Murder Miners
    -ZP2K9
    -ZP2KX: Zombies & Pterodactyls!

With the Xbox One controllers, which I prefer rather than playing with my 360 now. It would also mean not needing to switch the TV HDMI input and turn another console on / turn my Xbox One off!

• TPau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Avatar Farm Online...really is awful I can't play on my Xbox one. I have a lot of friends who play everyday and I miss that...and I had a lot of farms. If I want to play...I have to play on the old 360...seems kinda lame...your new Xbox can't handle it.

• BOSHROX82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been after ezmuze for xbox one for ages it makes no sense their is no music production app game software availible for xbox one it seems obsurd

• Swisher GG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We got 3k people that actually saw this post so far and voted. I already know that thousands of people that don't even know this post exist, would be happy as hell. Just do the most popular games first and see how the ratings go. Got enough testers right here. :) The servers would be booming right away. 100%

• MarxAthium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even though the Indie Games program should be over and done with, a few the existing games were very good for what they were, and should be at least ported over, especially now that no more titles should be released.

• d4niell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is SO important. There were a significant amount of great indie games that deserve to be on Xbox one! Please Microsoft angels!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base