Find ideas on games and game features

Run Xbox Live games on Windows 10 and sync user data / game saves to OneDrive

There’s a big problem with the way games interact with each other across devices. They don’t!

Let’s talk about Sonic Dash for a second. This is one of the most downloaded, highest rated, most popular apps in the Windows Store across all platforms. You can collect thousands of rings, unlock all your favorite characters, and buy upgrades on your own Windows device. But get another Windows device (phone, PC or tablet), sign in with the SAME Microsoft account, and all of your game data is lost, restricted to the original Windows device you played on before. Microsoft could really unify their Windows app experience if they synced user data and game saves across devices to OneDrive.

Speaking of Sonic Dash, what about Sonic CD, available on Xbox Live and Windows Phone? (Let’s also mention Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3 while we’re a it -- where are they?!) Why aren’t these games available in Windows 10 through the Windows Store or Xbox App? Wasn’t Windows 10 supposed to be about One Windows, One Store? See this thread as well:

https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/265757-windows-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7069964-let-windows-10-desktop-run-all-windows-phone-apps

My suggestion is to allow all Xbox Live games to run on Windows 10, if not natively, then at least through the official Xbox app, and to sync all user data and game saves across devices to OneDrive.

991 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EthanAlvaree shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • pawncrackers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By using OneDrive to store game saves, it opens a back door for people to cheat. Anyone could download and re-upload amended data.

• InstantStanley3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to load saved games from the Xbox One to Windows 10 PC so we don't loose our saved data, gameplay, etc.

• hiwiredjuice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Depending on hardware of the pc. I would like to see Windows 10 ie Surface as a Xbox. This would be so you can play on both at the same time. Allow windows 10 pc's to download Xbox games and play them as they were on a xbox. Not like the streaming but as a xbox itself. Or if there were a way to allow multiple streaming one run in background and 1 live on console.

• ExemptSiren27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wonderful suggestion. Thank you for posting it.

Let's all hope Microsoft takes this idea seriously with Windows 10!

• EthanAlvaree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Mister Retr0, thanks for your feedback. Instead of deleting, feel free to edit my post to remove references to syncing user data to the cloud. Apparently if what SwordofWhedon says is true, then syncing user data to OneDrive is already an Xbox feature, which makes my suggestion only 1 idea, not 2.

• WingedSkink7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This IS only one idea. Did you even read SwordofWhedon's comment? Xbox already stores user data and game saves to the cloud. This is what he said:

"I'm well aware of this, I explain it to people all the time. This does not prevent the game from reading saves in the cloud. In fact many X11 games like Diablo 3 and the new Borderlands remaster will read your 360 saves and account data."

• AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello EthanAlvaree~

Thanks for the post! Please post each suggestion individually; that way others can vote on exactly what they like and we can track each idea on its own. If you have an idea that is already posted, please vote for it.

Thanks!

--This post will be removed on 3/16/2015 as Multiple Ideas

• SavvyCat31190 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If they don't get native support of Xbox Live games in Windows before Windows 10 is released, it may never come...

• AerialSine7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man, if Windows 10 for desktop and phones could run Xbox Live games natively, that would be really impressive...

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base