Find ideas on games and game features

Stream Xbox One Games to the Xbox 360 Like Windows 10

MS recently announced a feature that will allow you to stream Xbox One to any Win 10 device. Why not allow us to stream to a 360s? This would breathe new life into the several Xbox 360 us fans already have around the house.

178 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EnzoTenEnzoTen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Riot9Riot9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have an Xbox One in our living room and a 360 in our bedroom. I would imagine this isn't an uncommon setup for people who were a part of last gen, but don't have more than one Xbox One.

I would love to be able to stream Xbox One games to my Xbox 360. I know this might require a driver for the XBO controller (because you'll need to plug it in to be wired), but that doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Neural MXNeural MX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox One to PC streaming is really great, but being able to stream games to Xbox 360 (maybe via a dedicated app) would be very useful too.

That's the scenario: a kid has got his own Xbox 360 in his bedroom, while his Xbox One is in the Living Room. He wants to play Xbox One, but his mother is already watching something on TV and daddy is working on the PC. Being able to stream to his Xbox 360 would be a perfect solution for this :)

The streaming protocol is already there, why not to implement it on 360 too?

• arkmannjarkmannj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading some of the posts I think some folks may be understanding streaming to just be transmitting game video/audio.

But the streaming I think people want here is being able to play the xbox one games through their xbox 360, in much the same manor that people can play xbox one games through Windows 10 pc's/tablet, etc... which makes it possible to play xbox games anywhere in the house with a xbox 360/one controller hooked up.

[Qoute By="MatroXXGamer" DT="February 28, 2015 05:04"]
    There is no need on this feature, cause you acn connect your Xbox 360 to Xbox One via HDMI [/Quote]

@MatroXXGamer - While the Xbix one HDMI port is nice, it wouldn't solve what people want here. They (myself included) want to stream to another TV/room. the HDMI pass through doesn't solve that.

It is great to be able to stream Xbox One games to Windows 10 devices. It would also be great to be able to stream to an Xbox 360.

Many Xbox One owners have a 360, and may have moved it to another TV. This would allow families more options and a simplified process than setting up a computer on a TV for kids, guests, etc...

The 360 should have enough processing power to handle the streaming on a Local network and you can already play Xbox One games with a 360 controller on Windows 10.

• Hatchet K1LLAHatchet K1LLA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Much like streaming Xbox One games to Windows 10 devices, allow Xbox One games to be streamed to Xbox 360 consoles on the same local network.
    I would love to be able to steam my Xbox One games from my bedroom to my living room where my Xbox 360 is hooked up.

• CINC ONICINC ONI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let gamers stream our Xbox One games to our Xbox 360 in a diferent room of the house. Maybe TV too. It will breathe new life into an old console and raise sales for both. Plus it will allow the Xbox to have a competitor to the PlaystationTV.

• TwilightXAngelTwilightXAngel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would actually be ok with this. Since I have my 360 in my bedroom and my XB1 in my rec room, this would be a great addition!

• haimsaimichhaimsaimich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since game streaming can now be done in many devices, it would be great if you created something for the Xbox 360 that allows me to stream my Xbox One through it. This would allow families to keep the Xbox One in the main room, and use their old Xbox 360 in another room to play games through it.

• LA2twoLA2two commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could work exactly the same as streaming to Windows 10. I have my Xbox One downstairs in the living room and 360 upstairs in my room. It would be nice to be able to stream and play my games while in the bedroom.

• UndertakecareUndertakecare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would be the purpose of streaming the picture/sound of a game - this is what this request is all about - to Windows 10 or any other device? The only thing I could imagine is to record the stream. But there are already solution for that.

• MatroXXGamerMatroXXGamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no need on this feature, cause you acn connect your Xbox 360 to Xbox One via HDMI

• JCHustle022JCHustle022 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea but sounds like it be hard to implement. And I doubt Microsoft would want people streaming new Xbox One games on an old console.

However, I have an alternate somewhat related idea that allows you play 360, PS4, Wii U, and other consoles through your Xbox One, kinda (and I'm not talking about by using hdmi in).

See below and please comment if you have any ideas to improve my idea, thanks.

- Xbox 360, PS4, Wii U tiles (really whatever device you want) possible via custom tv input "apps"/tiles: http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251646-apps/suggestions/7010975-xbox-360-ps4-wii-u-tiles-really-whatever-device

• SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because it's not possible. The 360 is not designed for low latency streaming, and any kind of external input has to be sen through a server externally, making control nearly impossible. Check out smart glass on 360 vs 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base