Find ideas on games and game features

Microsoft Partner with Japanese Publishers and Studios like Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Sega, Atlus, etc. (Anime Games, JRPGs, etc.)

I Love Xbox, but I also Love Anime as well, and it's always frustrating to see all of these great anime fighting games, JRPGs, etc. only coming to PlayStation, just because they're Japanese company. And they don't even mention that it's an exclusive to PlayStation, because they just only release there. So what I'm proposing to do is that Microsoft make partnerships with all of the major Japanese publishers and studios & make them release their games for Xbox One as well as Playstation. Plus, it's not fair, that the only place you can play any type of anime game is at playstation. There should be always two platform options to choose from and in this case there's only one. So I'm hoping this will change.

3,058 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DeltaFire29 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

122 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RoboBillClinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS has no commitment to Japanese games. They let Street Fighter slip, no Guilty Gear, no KoF, no Tales, nothing that wouldake their system popular with the niche audience that love Japanese games.

They spent billions on Minecraft and yet can't find an exclusive Dragon Warrior or Square Game.

I miss J Alard.

• DuncanMacleod08 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree defintly need more japanese styled games xbox seriously lacking here and has been for years why playstation always kicks there *** in game sales in japan... they keep pushing shooters racers and other crap... need some good old rpgs, jrpgs, and litrpg books made into games.

• HULKBUSTER1138 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely agree wholeheartedly. Especially since some of those games ended up becoming so successful that even some of them like DANGANRONPA and POKÉMON ended up getting the Anime Show treatment and created an MASCOT for that series franchise.

• SuckOnThat420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I think it would be extremely beneficial for not only the publishers but for Microsoft and the Xbox gaming community too. It would potentially open up a broader market for the publishers, greatly expand the game library of Xbox and create opportunity for the nostalgic gamers out there like myself. I have numerous great memories of owning/playing games and consoles from my first Atari and Nintendo consoles at age 4, to PS1 and PS2 as a teenager and my Xbox and 360 during college. Having owned such a wide variety of gaming consoles (and many more than previously listed) I developed favorites on each one just like any one else. Backwards compatibility provides a modern day capability of being able to maintain game libraries and collections of playable classics that gamers have come to love from a previous console. If major publishers would consider stepping away from the traditional "console loyalty" of certain game titles I believe that the idea of "dual system compatible" titles would create an opportunity to take advantage of an untapped market. Whether it's anime genre classics or first person shooters and RPGs, if you decide to limit your most popular titles to only one specific platform your choosing to limit the demographic that creates your potential market. I would love to see some older classics like Phantasy Star or my personal favorite Legend of Dragoon playable across platforms along with today's popular titles but if today's major publishers keep believing that gamers will purchase multiple consoles for certain titles they will continue to miss out on potential revenue. Very few game lovers have the means to maintain updating multiple platforms but purchasing a game that's been re-platformed is very reasonable even if it costs a little more. If just one company would decide to go against this outdated "console competition" both gamers and publishers could enjoy the benefits. It's hard to believe that the people who get paid the big bucks to keep their brand fresh and revolutionize the market haven't already thought of this and put the idea on the table for discussion.

• MetalHead367 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think what MS needs to start doing is outbidding and buying every dev/IP that Sony has'put that company out of it's misery seeing as how the PS4 is all they have going for them.

• JPbr7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! I really miss persona and a lot of japanese on xbox...

• DagnastyEp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having titles from these publishers on Xbox One is crucial. It looks like we're seeing some progress on this front, but there's still many Japanese games which are absent on Xbox.

• SwiftMe1on commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome I may use my Xbox more! Especially if it gets Hatsune Miku's rhythm games. I definitely agree with all the comments, why play the same games like Overwatch on Xbox when you get all the other games on competitors consoles on top.

• bosozoku fr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the whole catalog of titles from Sega, Atlus, SNK & Arc System Works. ^^
    We can dream a little... :)

• oO0 TRIG D 0Oo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree we xbox owner/users shouldn't have to suffer and miss out on all the cool anime games. I mean all we get are weak naruto and dragonball games, granted that we want these games so bad that we buy and give them more credit than they are worth. let all face we've all seen the difference between the anime games released on nintendo and playstation in the U.S & Japan vs. what xbox owner/users get.

• PrinceRevivalDK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ATTENTION PLEASE.

could people here please support this even though that you maybe dont need it for yourself.
    but there may be ALOT of people like myself that really needs it, regarding transfering old save games from a old profile into the new profiles, all i am asking is people to hit the vote, it only takes you a few seconds, im begging you, i dont wanna start my games all over, maybe a couple of games, but there are games where raiding is a *** seriously. so please help me make xbox live notice this.
    i am begging you.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/17333713--xbox-one-in-game-feature-to-transfer-save-game-b

• ContraWars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see Microsoft start by funding Sega to remaster and port old and new JRPG games to Xbox. An actually complete Shining Force 3 release. A Shining the Holy Ark remake. Dragon Force, Phantasy Star Collection, Panzer Dragoon Saga.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base