Find ideas on games and game features

Original Xbox backward compatibility!

Original Xbox backward compatibility!

So, we know that 360 emulation is hard but I don't see no reason why we can't have original Xbox games on Xbox One! They have the same architecture (X86, even if OXbox had some changes) so it would be much more easier!

We can understand PowerPC being hard but you have no excuse (or maybe you have :P) to not bring backward compatibility of the Original Xbox.

Love love, xoxoxo. Hope you guys do this!

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from tersock316, Ghirkin, skeletormyah, AtDKhariJames, Spankins77 and others. Thanks, everyone!]

23,287 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FilaipusFilaipus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1291 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LeVon FalconLeVon Falcon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still have all my original xbox games. But only 1 matters to me, TES 3: Morrowind GOTY Edition. The greatest game, not only on the original xbox, but ever made. You can bring back anything else, I don't care: BMX XXX, Leisure Suit Larry, DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball, The Guy Game (Underage Edition), Barbie Horse Adventures... I don't care about any of it. Just bring back Morrowind, for the love of god, bring back the greatest video game ever made.

• STARS NightmareSTARS Nightmare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And lastly, and i think this can be interesting for a lot of you guys, there're game holders/companies and studios that are now gone like THQ, but there're others who purchaded the same licenses and IPs and new fusioned companies.

For example, MS could contact with THQ Nordic (this company also made some BC games for 360 and even Sony) and work together to bring all THQ games from the OG Xbox. The same for companies like Rockstar (all GTAs, Manhunt...) EA (Freedom Fighters, Black, Medal of Honor...) they also worked for 360 BC and are a main partner of MS. They could add OG Xbox to their service too. Ubisoft (Splinter Cell, BiA...) or Warner Bros. also partners and both of them worked on 360 BC too.

The hard part are companies like Majesco or Acclaim. But if they contact them and have a deal, it could work. Specially considering some of their games were even exclusive or produced during the Xbox period.

For japan and asian companies, they could try with Konami, Capcom, From Software, SEGA, Namco and TECMO-KOEI. Some of the most interesting OG Xbox games are from these studios and there're some amazing exclusives wich cannot be played anywhere. Specially Capcom, From Software, TECMO-KOEI and SEGA should bring back all their classics at all cost. Some of them coop. with 360 BC too. And finally MS should contact with Blue Side/Phantagram to bring back their games too (also exclusives)

• STARS NightmareSTARS Nightmare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK guys, i think Phil has said some games are REALLY difficult to bring back due to licenses and legal stuff. So pretty sure that all movie/show/band games (that means no Buffy, 007, racing and all that) will be gone :-( But i think there're some exceptions (if they really wanna push for some classics and the gaming conservation idea)

For example and this is interesting, i think there's a chance to see SW games back again. Sony has been able to bring back some classic games from the same generation for their "backwards compability" they have (i know they have a deal with Disney for Battlefront) and they did it with Starfigther, Bounty Hunter and Racer Revenge. So i guess MS should do the same and contact Disney (wich has the rights for Lucas Art games) and do it for gems like Republic Commando, Jedi Academy or even KOTOR and Battlefront (they're much harder, but i think it could be doable if they don't have exclusives deals) Im pretty sure that MS had done this with 360 SW BC games like Force Unleashed or LEGO, so i think they could manage to do the same as Sony did and try to bring back some classics from XBOX.

• RockyRiconesRockyRicones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

20 titles from my wish list:

1. ninja gaiden -> regular or black
    2. the warriors
    3. red dead revolver
    4. need for speed most wanted
    5. burnout 3 takedown
    6. capcom x snk 2
    7. final fight streetwise
    8. black
    9. max payne
    10. marvel x capcom 2
    11. street fighter aniversary collection
    12. the godfather
    13. mafia
    14. out run 2
    15. out run 2006
    16. svc chaos snk x capcom
    17. splinter cell pandora tomorrow
    18. scarface
    19. the house of the dead 3
    20. gta vice city

• Revan284Revan284 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if any LUCAS ARTS games can make it since the company no longer exits. But how can you have OG Back Caomp. without SWKOTOR to this day one of the all time great RPGs. With that said Lucas Arts have more games that I hope do not get forgotten about assuming the rights are even attainable.

1. Star Wars Knight of the old Republic

2. Star Wars Knight of the old Republic 2 The Sith Lords

2 1/2 . GLADIUS PLEASE DO NOT ignore this title. Not the most known game but it is loved by those who played it. A Gladiator RPG that you can spend hours getting lost in. Voted the best game nobody played in 2003 and that is because everyone was busy playing the game of the year in 03 SWKOTOR so no one looked at Gladius. But it's critic acclaimed is there 9/10 all over the place and well deserving a second chance on Xbox One PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS GAME

3. Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

4. Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast

5. Republic Commando

• Bobofatt01Bobofatt01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to vote on what games we want? The original Battlefront 2 game would be great

• SisterVirus783SisterVirus783 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Tenchu: Return From Darkness and Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams. Thank you!

• LTurmoil47LTurmoil47 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For this, and I hope this is read by the xbox team, because I speak for the thousands of people who begged for these games on the 360 and never happened, but please resurrect MechAssault and MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf. Those were the best XBox original games next to Halo and Star Wars. I never got to experience the game's multiplayer, but blowing up mechs there was awesome! Hawken never did it for me, so I ask, on behalf of the community, bring back MechAssault and MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 64 65

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base