Find ideas on games and game features

System Link (LAN Multiplayer) for all games that don't rely on cloud compute

LAN gaming is a big part of the Xbox's heritage and all games that don't rely on cloud compute should have support for system link by default.

563 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

luigifreakluigifreak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Attack MuskratAttack Muskrat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always bought the PS3 version of multiplayer games because Microsoft charged for the online service from the beginning.

• ELANGEL102ELANGEL102 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! We need true offline LAN play - SYSTEM LINK - INTERCONEXION without internet connection. Thanks!

• J Kurt AndersonJ Kurt Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All the other flaws with the Xbox One I can deal with. This fact alone has made me vow to never buy another console from Microsoft. I regret even investing in this console because of it. I want system link (actual system link, not online required crap) for Halo. That's all.

• SACRED JUTSUSACRED JUTSU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Increased support for offline multiplayer is something that is badly needed on XB1. However, this is not likely to ever happen. MS is all about monetizing content and selling XBL gold subscriptions this generation. There's no excuse for the lack of offline mp options on this console when all of the previous generations of Xbox consoles have had extensive LAN support.

• NIKHOLLYWOODNIKHOLLYWOOD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When ps4 has lan play in games like diablo 3 and borderlands and xbox one doesn't that's just stupid.
    I had 4 360's last gen. Now i'm buying multiple ps4's for the first time.

• Tiikeri80Tiikeri80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im disappointed current situation regarding MP via LAN, example forza 6 cant MP over LAN without Internet. If MS and game makers want more popularity and experience, U must add MP over LAN possible.

• skambugskambug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be in every game that has at least some sort 1vs1 or coop game play build into it.
    So must for FORZA. LAN parties without lan forza is letting some ppl down.

• Deadly DevilDeadly Devil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offline LAN play needs to be added to all first party games. They managed to do it in Gears 4. All the Halo games and Forza games need this. I have multiple consoles in my home and multiple copies of the games I like but we can't play together the way WE would like. Some third party games like Call of Duty manage this with every release. Game Sharing and Home Console have been good ideas but they do not allow for proper LAN play in games.

• Deadly DevilDeadly Devil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offline LAN play needs to be added to all first party games. They managed to do it in Gears 4. All the Halo games and Forza games need this. I have multiple consoles in my home and multiple copies of the games I like but we can't play together the way WE would like. Some third party games like Call of Duty manage this with every release. Game Sharing and Home Console have been good ideas but they do not allow for proper LAN play in games.

• Mentos XLR8Mentos XLR8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate
  • Stile21Stile21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is ridiculous that I would have to buy two copies of a game when we bought two consoles and Gold so I can play my son in the same house over the same LAN

• RiekopoRiekopo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox One has no true offline LAN gaming support. You have to be connected to the internet and you have to use Xbox Live accounts. This has ruined many Xbox One game tournaments. Please fix this issue. If it can't be fixed on Xbox One then at least make sure it's fixed for Project Scorpio.

• xxDAMN DINGOxxxxDAMN DINGOxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 4 360's and 4 copies of quite a few fps,racers, rts & tbs ( well over 200 x360 games total ) & one xbone with only 4 physical games & a few digital gwg games but I would gladly go purchase another xbone or 2 & even another cpl more g920 steering wheels if I could lan them for games although I'm very tempted to eBay the lot and buy 3 more pcs instead please bring back system link

• DeadtoesDeadtoes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 3 consoles and slow internet...that means we buy 3 copies of every game that supports system link and zero copies of games that don't....

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base