Image: Xbox One Console, Controller, and Laptop
Xbox Feedback

Your Idea. Your Vote. Your Xbox.

Share your feature requests and ideas for improving Xbox products and services. The feature teams working on Xbox One, Xbox on Windows, Xbox mobile apps, and Xbox Live regularly review the ideas you submit, incorporating them into their work to make your Xbox experience even better.
We've added new features and apps to Xbox One! Learn what's new.
Vote for Ideas Announcements

Find ideas on games and game features

System Link for all games that don't rely on cloud compute

LAN gaming is a big part of the Xbox's heritage and all games that don't rely on cloud compute should have support for system link by default.

396 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

luigifreakluigifreak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
I DisagreedI Disagreed shared a merged idea: Not having system link capability for XBox One is an absolute joke  ·   · 
CAPTAN AMERlCACAPTAN AMERlCA shared a merged idea: System Link for the Xbox One?  ·   · 
SteamExpertSteamExpert shared a merged idea: Bring back system link!  ·   · 
FoTrizzleFoTrizzle shared a merged idea: Co-op/ Splitscreen with 2 tv's  ·   · 
Sliver1970Sliver1970 shared a merged idea: System Link!!!  ·   · 
anholetianholeti shared a merged idea: Xbox One can play together without internet in an internal network.  ·   · 
JohlkeJohlke shared a merged idea: System linking (LAN support)  ·   · 
TecchieTecchie shared a merged idea: Multiplayer/System Link  ·   · 
holdenrock8holdenrock8 shared a merged idea: system link for xbox one  ·   · 
pit989pit989 shared a merged idea: Report on the xbox one mode System Link !  ·   · 
BLUE ICE 6BLUE ICE 6 shared a merged idea: Bring back the glory of system link games.  ·   · 
rikumaster10rikumaster10 shared a merged idea: Minecraft System Link (Don't forget Lan Party Games !)  ·   · 
fergie7fergie7 shared a merged idea: System link  ·   · 
rikumaster10rikumaster10 shared a merged idea: system link for at least most games  ·   · 
Lukey MufzLukey Mufz shared a merged idea: Xbox One System Link Capabilities  ·   · 

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Stile21Stile21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is ridiculous that I would have to buy two copies of a game when we bought two consoles and Gold so I can play my son in the same house over the same LAN

• xxDAMN DINGOxxxxDAMN DINGOxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 4 360's and 4 copies of quite a few fps,racers, rts & tbs ( well over 200 x360 games total ) & one xbone with only 4 physical games & a few digital gwg games but I would gladly go purchase another xbone or 2 & even another cpl more g920 steering wheels if I could lan them for games although I'm very tempted to eBay the lot and buy 3 more pcs instead please bring back system link

• DeadtoesDeadtoes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 3 consoles and slow internet...that means we buy 3 copies of every game that supports system link and zero copies of games that don't....

• CertifiedSpazCertifiedSpaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought 2 Xbox Ones thinking they had the system link capabilities and was truly angered to find that it didn't. Some of my friends have switched to the PS4 and I'm seriously thinking of switching as well. I can only hope that Microsoft adds this feature soon!

• rhynoJacoby44rhynoJacoby44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Minecraft NEEDS system link...along with some racing games...I have two kids and 3 Xbox ones in my house but I live in the country and no access to unlimited internet which makes it really pointless to get three xbox live season passes. Microsoft really needs to start thinking about all those people that live in rural areas who don't have 24/7 unlimited internet.

• jasonizer82jasonizer82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox 360 for life. I have 3x TV's and 3x Xbox 360's. I play LAN with my son and friends every week,weekend.

I have 3 copies of; Grid, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, Midnight Club LA, Blur, MX vs ATV Untamed, PGR4, Forza 2 and Crimson Skies.

I really don't care to pay *Microsoft even $1 for a xbox one. *Microsoft said goodbye to me when they ripped out System link from Forza 3 and Forza 4. *Microsoft showed their true colors way back then.

Oh and Forza 5 and 6 game engines allow a newbie to slide against walls and beat even a veteran like me, what a joke. My Atari 2600 had better racing games then xbox one.

• quackers82quackers82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having spent the last weekend with 6 Xbox 360s , mates round all playing system link this is the only feature (and Microsoft needs to heavily encourage developers to add it) that will make me jump from my PS4 to an Xbox One.

Yeah i enjoy online play, but i enjoy System link with my friends even more.

• MrGawdammitMrGawdammit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That was one of the coolest things about the older xbox was you could system link and have a Halo LAN party...very disappointed you cant do that now.

• SuperSonic763SuperSonic763 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this idea dead, because it shouldn't be. Lack of system link in Halo Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 Guardians is something that should have never happened. I want to play with my friends without internet. Heck, Halo 5's lack of LAN and split-screen has resulted in no way for me to play it with friends and ensures that the game will essentially be dead upon the servers shutting down. I can't even play with friends over the same network; the dedicated servers just consistently boot all but one person in the household.

Bring system link back, especially to Halo!

• I DisagreedI Disagreed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's an idea. Give gamers the ability to play how they are comfortable playing instead of forcing them to play online. I have a son at home and was considering buying a second XBox One so we can play against eatch other via system link. I cannot believe that is not an option. Literally stunned...

• TarlochTarloch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please forcefully encourage software developers to include lan (system link) support for all multiplayer games...this was standard for many years. There is a huge segment of the market that does not have high speed internet...

• ObedientMammalObedientMammal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a side note, i wish there was some kind of notifications as to what xbox one is leaning towards as far as ideas to implement.

• MasterChief JMJMasterChief JMJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very very annoyed that there is no system link option on the xbox one for Halo MCC and Halo 5 Guardians. Very stupid move to take this out, especially considering the xbox one is supposed to be the latest and greatest xbox console. There is definitely something to be said about system linking with a bunch of friends and being lag free from an internet connection while playing a game. As far as I am concerned, this is a step backwards in terms of improvements and will ruin the longevity of games like Halo on the xbox one. STUPID MOVE!!!

• RarinLamb84RarinLamb84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I won't be buying an Xbox One until there are a reasonable number of games that support LAN. I have no interest in online play, and just like to system link with my friends in the same room - with no reliance on an internet connection and potential lag. Come on it's almost 2016. My original Xbox supported LAN and that came out in 2001!!

• MutedMayhemMutedMayhem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My last gaming system that I bought for myself was the Playstation 2. I've been deciding which XBox One bundle I want to buy but I just found out that they don't support system linking. That's nuts!

• pajama dadpajama dad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least the xbox one should be able to wirelessly link with another. No local networking means I have very little reason to pick up another console or game without split screen... coughHalo5cough...

• StealthyswampusStealthyswampus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until the state of broadband infrastructure in this country is improved drastically, features like system link are the only way some players without a good internet connection can play together. Please, for the sake of rural gamers everywhere, bring this feature back.

← Previous 1 3 4

Earn Rewards As An Xbox Ambassador!

As part of the Xbox Ambassadors Program you can earn Rewards by voting for and commenting on ideas found here on Xbox Feedback.

Ambassadors can also get involved with the Xbox community by accepting the ‘Season Four Launch’ Mission and completing one of every Ambassador Activity.

Our Ambassador community can let you earn more rewards while helping out your community in other spaces, such as the Official Xbox Forums and Ambassadors Support Chat, as well as brushing up on your Xbox knowledge in the Academy.

Simply sign up today or hop back in for another Season’s worth of Ambassadors fun to start earning your laurels!

Feedback and Knowledge Base