Find ideas on games and game features

Bring back local co-op on Xbox One

With the last generation having so many jumps and games being pushed to their absolute limits with online features and using them (Eg the cloud)
The community has lost something. Local Co-op is a thing of the past with very few games having the option to do story line co-op on the same sofa but almost all games allowing it over multiple consoles.
Even games like Fifa have removed online couch co-op and have turned their attention to the individual console users.
Much of my younger days spent on the sofa playing the latest game all the way through with a friend. Although i am now older i still wish to see much more co-op i can do with my friends on the same console.
Even games built for it.
Thanks for reading if you agree please vote the post as i know im not alone in supporting this.

5,736 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Milky Iz Krysis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

176 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ElderLearner239 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome idea, there's 100s of single player games to 1 local co-op game! And loads of them it seems like it would be so easy to make 2 player like for honer and dragon age! There's 4 characters with there own story's and gear that you control it would be so easy for them to be co-op! And these people saying there's loads of co-op games have never actually tryed to find 1 that isn't a kiddy game or a shooter, when u like assassins creed, shadow of mordor, dragon age, skyrim, dark souls, whicher.... batman lego doesn't really cut it genre,storyline and gameplay wise, the only games that comes close to them are deablo, fable and lord of the rings war in the north so 3 that fit the not a crap game criteria and aren't turn based coz turn based is the worst kind of gameplay!!

• monkywoman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree! There is such a big market for couch co-op so many people I know used to buy Xbox games all the time but now hardly do because you just can't play together. I don't see how they haven't figured out how to produce games so you have the option of both worlds! Because if your not a sad lonely person who's only "friends" are online gamers in America at stupid o'clock then you want couch co-op! I would buy a game every week if it was local co-op, co-op campaign and not just another churned out shooter or childish lego game! Ps Vikings for ps4 is really good there's downloadable content so its now co-op campaign!

• Masta Dynamic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a POINTLESS request. Please EVERYONE here complaining about no couch co-op games on Xbox One, GO TO http://www.co-optimus.com ....... Filter to Xbox One games with local co-op. This website lists every single co-op game on Xbox One. Over 200 games with local coach co-op.

I am really not sure what all the complaining about no Local Co-op in games. Almost every single arcade game and most AAA games have local co-op.

• FullerDonkey282 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It pains me to see that most of my favorite titles don't have local co-op back in the day we used to sit for hours playing competitive couch games but like split screen need for speed but nowadays those titles all ignore the beauty of split screen for a less captivating online mode
    P.S. I think for the past couple of years need for speed has become a joke with the last title i enjoyed being The Run but hopefully Payback gives an enjoyable experience

• GPX04 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most underrated feature of all gaming consoles, local couch co-op! The top 10 xbox360 best selling all-time games and arcade, the majority all feature shared or split screen local co-op. It's by no coincidence HALO5 tanked and the top complaint was no split screen. BlackOps3 (xb1) has done well this gen except. So many newer games like TitanFall1&2 would've benefited greatly long term w/ offline split screen. I could on about this feature and it's need to present like a power button.

• PocketSheet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Switch is doing quite well do to the promise of local co op. Theres a whole generation of gamers with familys of their own who would love to play games with their familys and friends. Im sure a lot of people are going to switch up just for that reason. If i were a boss at Microsoft i would be on top of my game developers to start bringing back couch co op but i guess its fun watching Nintendo hit the home run instead. I love my xbox one but its gonna get real dusty without any co op games to play with the kids and friends

• Shanybanany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multi player is not really multi player if there is restrictions and limits for a guest, if a gold or live membership is required for every individual player then it is not multi playable friendly for many

• Shanybanany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why can no progress be saved and no upgrades used with a guest signed in as a guest in garden warfare 2

• Asta CoB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to talk about this to everyone ! If you feel concerned by this topic, share it !

• Asta CoB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, I wrote something like this too, but then I noticed your post. I'm happy to see that the topic already exists. Developers can't ignore it anymore, look at what happened with Halo 5 ! The whole gaming community is crying for more local multiplayer games, and especially co-op. I'm going to speak about your post on social medias, it needs more votes !

I don't know what Microsoft plans are for the next generation but, personally, I'm going to quit consoles if things don't change. Local multiplayer gaming is the spirit of video games !

• irishviking78 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My husband is newly disabled and playing a video game together is something he can do. Please, PLEASE make more co-op games!!!!

• Base1471 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also would love to have some system link options as well.
    I live in a shared house and one of the things we loved to do was play gears and ghost recon on our own systems but in the same room.
    Now we've got the xbox ones console it feels like they never get played.

• Alpha Genome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Xbox is playing a strong part in destroying living room gaming. Many families and friends would spend countless hours together enjoying 2-4 player games. Halo, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros...Now it's all about making money and not supporting the fun as a gamer. I'm hoping Nintendo switch will add some cool co-ops. Hopefully Xbox will redeem itself with Scorpio. Hold the game developers accountable and only give them deals if they build for the player.

• Bakery AssAssIn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If xbox doesn't bring this back with more games I will never own an Xbox again. It has already stop me from buying and play lots of games..

• K1cks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that my kids are getting older, I'd love to have more local co-op titles

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base