Find ideas on games and game features

Ability to Increase Available 5GB Space Reserved for Mods in Skyrim

A simple routine added to the "Manage game" section under "Saved data" to allow the user to change the allocated "Reserved space" size to something larger than the size set by the company/Microsoft. It is important to note that this should never let the size change reduce the size of the allocated space to less than the recommended size agreeded upon my the game company and Microsoft.

Being an IT Professional for over 35 years including being a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, this would be a very short and easy routine to add to the game management system and could be pushed out on one of your monthly updates if not sooner.

I am having SEVER problems with the 5 Gig limit trying to run Skyrim Special Edition on my XBox One. Between the memory management problems that the Xbox has with the "Reserved Space" not reallocating the memory from deleted mods and the unfathomable 5 Gig limit, I can not load the mods I would like to use.

Withh all the new higher resoultion texture and new content make Skyrim SE worth playing again after more than 5000 hours on Skyrim on the Xbox 360. It makes it almost like a whole new game.... Until I hit the 5 Gig limit.

These fact alone has presuaded me NOT to upgrade to the new XBox One S this Christmas, even though I would love the 4K video, what is the point if Microsoft will not allow enough space for all the wonderful high resolution mods to be loaded. I already have a 4K blu-ray player so I don't need an XBox One S for that.

This is just one mans take on this SERIOUS issue. I hope other will feel the same and vote for this idea.

639 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

wdhaunwdhaun shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TigerishMoth685TigerishMoth685 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been reluctant to purchase the blank ATM card online because i know for a fact there fake hackers" out there, but i was convinced that it really works when my friend at my place of work got the card & we confirmed it really works, without delay i gave it a go. Every time I've withdrawn cash from my blank ATM card & the money has been in my own account in less than 24 hrs. So glad i gave it a try at last and has changed my life real good and it was $35,000 on the card i purchased from Keith Robert. !! If you believe me try to purchase yours now from him on this Email: (atmexperts@yahoo.com)

• QUINTISONQUINTISON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's a simple no tool's needed fix on the monolith Xbox one beside the bd drive plug in a 4 way usb 3.0 hub now you can easily add 4x external hard drive all 8tb if you want no memory problems though the Xbox one s Kinect required a usb port by the hdmi port not the one on the front or next to the usb port I mentioned so if you plug in 4x hdd you're going to have a single usb port for charging game pads and portals so get a usb 2.0 4x adapter so more than 1 thing per port!!

• AceDIAMONDXXXAceDIAMONDXXX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

could not agree more... i recently. bought my first Xbox one, and paid for the terabyte console, but i only got about 750 gig........... WHERE IS MY MISSING MEMORY MICROSOFT??????????????? 250 GIG WHERE IS IT?????????????????? I could understand 50 gig being held in reserve but not ¹/₄ ITS TO MUCH

• TRU313DG3NDTRU313DG3ND commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with you, grim jesture, JTs Fury, and UD no remorse's comments. 4GB limit on f4. Is too little.

While on Skyrim SE 5GB is just as little as well.

• Cyberneosis 005Cyberneosis 005 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually "JClaysBack OG" Microsoft is responsible for the 5GB limit just as Sony is responsible for their 1GB limit. Bethesda just agreed to those limits in the negotiations to allow mods on consoles

• CyclingGuyNOLACyclingGuyNOLA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thankfully I don't have issues with space on Xbox since I have 4.5TB but, I can definately see the benefit for those that have content installed only to tell them they need to uninstall before updates..........

• oxzannieoxzannie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have an Xbox one yet been feeling little hessaient. At first I didn't want to becuz of my collection of Xbox 360 games that I've spent allot of money and time on and I don't want to lose all that an now I'm seeing stuff like this and it's not helping any and on top of all this there not even making any 360 games anymore and I'm starting to feel like I'm being forced to buy an Xbox one when I really don't want to. But anyways u fully have my support.

• JClaysBack OGJClaysBack OG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a game development issue, flagged. Microsoft wouldn't be the one to fix it, Bethesda put the limit on the mod reserved space.

• JTs FURYJTs FURY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea of being able to allocate more space to be able to download more mods, but i have something that may be tacked onto this considering it has to deal with the reserved space and Skyrim on Xbox One. I would like you to be able to see the names of mods you have downloaded in your Reserved Space and the ability to delete mods from there, because i just downloaded a mod that caused my game to crash, and crash everytime i try to start Skyrim, meaning i can't even get to the mods section from the main menu to delete the mod, however if i could explore the reserved space and delete that specific .esp file, then i would no longer be forced to delete my entire reserved space and be forced to re-download all of my mods, which has happened once before and took me 3.5 hours to re-download them all (i live in a rural area in a small town so i cant get faster internet where i live.)

• BocephisBocephis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your credentials in IT do not mean that you know the time and ease of your request.

• UD NO REMORSEUD NO REMORSE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this needs to be changed so that the unneeded data can be removed and the freed ram be made reallocated for the higher texture mods that are out for the Special Edition Skyrim on xbox 1.

• kudjomojokudjomojo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I posted a link to this petition on Bethesda.net and the nexusmods.com . Spread this anywhere you can to get support behind it!

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base