Find ideas on games and game features

Mod Space Increase for Skyrim:SE

Skyrim: SE needs more mod Space. One idea is to simply increase it, the other is allow the user to "download" an add on that give's you more space. It makes it so the HD doesn't have to use the space if the average user doesn't want it. When the Scorpio comes out this will be much needed.

1,191 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robmo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

110 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CheesyHaddock6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Increase it people! we need this to happen, why don't you do it? The truth is that we need more than 15gb ,,,,, 20gb or 25gb would be great to give a great experience

• Xerosus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of the more popular PC mods are slowly being ported over to console and more often than not, they are pretty big. "Beyond Skyrim: Bruma" for example takes a huge portion of the 5gb limit, so you'd have to sacrifice other mods you might enjoy just to install that. I'd would be great if they increased the capacity.

• KILLING Y0U GUY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. Let me use the space how I want. After graphics mods, there is little room left for some of the bigger quest mods.

• ArkhamInmate013 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft, if you truly love your customers do this for Skyrim and Fallout mod space. I'd even be happy with just one more gb... That's all I need. You've already allowed external asset modding, if you increase the space limitations even by a little, you guys clearly come out on top as the "good guys." You've already one-upped the competition on this subject, taking that one extra step would DESTROY your competition. Think about the potential revenue and attention this would bring to your brand. Think about the recognition this would bring. Nothing but good would come from this change. Please listen to your fanbase and please increase the (very) strict limitations you have placed upon this beautiful hobby.

• XER0 0VERIDE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please,I'm even satisfied if it got risen only to 10GB along with at least a 200/210 mod limit.There's a nice bunch of mods I sacrificed and more new ones to discover. I'm willing to keep 10GB of reserved space on my HD. Thank you.

• TannishHook608 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree, I cant tell you how many times I had to choose which mod I had to get rid of so I could get other mods, if they increased the mod storage for not only skyrim but fallout 4 so we could improve our experience.

• arcKepplin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is badly needed. And for Fallout 4, as well. The whole point of allowing external assets is to be able to take advantage of the huge mods that add quests and make things in the game look infinitely better. As it stands now, this is very difficult with the current limit.

Come on MS, I've never even owned an Xbox, yet I've been considering buying the One X just to mod the heck out of Bethesda games!!! You have the chance now to bring on board a lot of enthusiastic modders. Seal the deal!!!

• Cypherdad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To assist in the implementation of this idea, requiring that all mods submitted be cleaned with SSEedit or TES5edit would be a great 1st step to prevent mod issues!

Suggested load orders with a link in a pamphlet included with the game would be another!

Another great idea would be to make the increase in reserve space for mods shareable by all companies who allow there games to be moddable/playable on the xBox One/1x. I suggest a 25 GB total and a max of say, 12 GB per any one Game could be required.

In theory, 3 (maybe 4) games could realistically be playable by any console gamer at any one time; the mods could be deleted when the player is ready to focus on another game.

Microsoft could do regular polls of how the reserve space is being used to let Game Publishers know which of their mods are most popular and which of their games are using the most space. Master the possibilities !

• WALL3T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! please do this! We as a community want this! Skyrim Mod's require ALOT of space and we can't even see half of these good mods because of the size limit!

• Duke0fWAFFLES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to the mod size increase for Skyrim on the xbox one x, Microsoft would be crazy to not implement this. Skyrim should be bumped up to 10gb.

• Deadput commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if the mod space is only increased to say 10 GB it would still help plenty especially for those who have ghost space issues.

• SKY PIRATES inc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good idea considering that there are massive mods out there that are great but will never see real play time on consoles. Bruma, for example has been on the most favorited list ever since it came out but is nowhere on the highest rated section. This is because everyone thinks it's a great idea but when it comes actually downloading the thing people realize just how many mods they'd have to sacrifice to try a new one out.

It's gotten to the point that it feels like I can't fully customize my play through since I'm constantly ditching cloaks of Skyrim for unique uniques or unique uniques for convenient horses (so on, so forth) when, for the love of Talos, Microsoft, I want all 3!

I can manage my ghost space and my load order is solid. Give the people what they want!

• Dwlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm hoping that @lest 10gb of reserve will be made available with the release of the XB1X along with a 200 mod limit bump myself. On a sperate note can anyone confirm or debunk the rumor that Xbox is getting a Steam app allowing you to play controller enabled PC games on the Xbox through your Steam account.

• Cypherdad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The mod limit on Skyrim SE is an important issue to many xBox Gamers and is a deal maker for many or a deal breaker for some depending on Microsoft's flexibility and willingness to make a small sacrifice to bring in another 25 - 75 M in revenue via a pushed reserved space (or other means of) increase. I suggest an increase to 10 to 15 GB.

For me, Skyrim mod capability on the xBoxOne / 1x is the main reason I considered the console.

On the suggestion entitled "Ability to Increase Available 5GB Space Reserved for Mods in Skyrim" that was merged w/ this one, the MCSE who posted the idea said: "Being an IT Professional for over 35 years including being a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, this would be a very short and easy routine to add to the game management system and could be pushed out on one of your monthly updates if not sooner....With[h] all the new higher resolution [resoultion] texture and new content make Skyrim SE worth playing again after more than 5000 hours on Skyrim on the Xbox 360. It makes it almost like a whole new game.... Until I hit the 5 Gig limit. These fact[s] alone have [has] persuaded [presuaded] me NOT to upgrade to the new XBox One S this Christmas, even though I would love the 4K video, what is the point if Microsoft will not allow enough space for all the wonderful high resolution mods to be loaded. I already have a 4K blu-ray player so I don't need an XBox One S for that."

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base