Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Having a Custom option for Twitch Broadcasting Quality

Instead of a fixed amount of the low, medium, high, we should have the option to set our own broadcast quality instead of hoping the get new recommendation option will give you a good enough quality so you don't have to see that your lagging. For example, say your quality is currently 850kbps and it constantly say your lagging, you would go to your quality settings and select custom and enter whatever number (750,761,702,etc) you think would be good to keep the stream stable without the constant lag.

216 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skype calls make controller buzz

Like when you get a skype call. Your remote should start buzzing

208 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Official Fallout Mod Companion App

When Mod support for Fallout 4 drops make an App where we can search, download and rate Mods.

Would be perfect for every Falout fan out there

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Fallout Channel."]

208 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring Netflix App to Xbox 360 in South Africa

No Netflix app for Xbox in South Africa (became available today). PlayStation and Apple up and running. Microsoft sleeping. When will the app be available?

206 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Snapped Apps to be an Overlay - Transparent Snapped Apps

In order to save screen real-estate allow Snapped Apps to be an transparent overlay instead of a side screen to see everything on screen at the same time

198 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rewind game clips using the controller triggers

Rewind game clips,

Sometimes when I watch a gameclip I don't see what happens. If I want to watch it again I have to watch the full game clip again.

It would be great if you have the ability to go forward and rewind using the triggers while watching the game clip.

193 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Google Play Apps

Let us be able to download apps like google play music and google play movies. Then we can play those apps on our xbox one. For example if we have already own music and movies we could then play that content on our xbox one after signing in. Just like any other app that we already use on xbox one.

193 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop auto posting my recordings to activity feed

Please stop automatically posting all videos I record onto my activity feed. Most times the videos need editing before anyone wants to share them.

191 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. System CPU/RAM Monitoring App for Xbox One

Have a app that shows CPU and RAM usage, have it so it snaps on the side

[Mod edit: Description reflects original title as well.]

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to Download Netflix Shows and Movies

Ability to record stuff on netflix with DVR and stuff recorded goes in TV DVR

180 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please put copy and paste on Internet Explorer

I should'nt have to ask for this, please add a copy and paste for internet explorer

173 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Browsers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BlueRay Support DTS or Dolby

My XBOX One HDMI is connected to amplifier, but there is no DTS or Dolby effect when I played BlueRay movies, it's disappointed.

172 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Sling TV to the Xbox's OneGuide

Guys is there any way that the Sling TV service can be added as an option for the Xbox OneGuide? I don't have cable TV and would love to be able to view Sling TVs guide straight from the Xbox Ones OneGuide. Please consider it for a future update.

171 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Requesting Groove and Xbox Movies and TV available in Korea.

Hi? I live in South Korea.

I am really fan of Microsoft and now I am also using Windows Phone.

In korea, Xbox Music and Xbox Video are not sill servicing.

I really hope that you determine to service Xbox Music and Video on my country.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

170 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ditch apps for system functions

Having third-party apps for things like YouTube is great but system services such as achievements, friends, settings etc should be built directly into the OS, not loaded as separate apps. They take way too long to load and pull you out of what should be the seamless experience. This stuff just felt so much slicker and more integrated on the 360.

Please leave apps for third-parties and make using core console functions as fast and smooth as possible.

170 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add some pizza apps to Xbox One

Please add some pizza apps to Xbox One!!!!!!!!! I would like to get pizza using my Xbox One!

166 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Snap Blu-ray Player App

I like to have a TV show or movie playing in the background while I play some games. If I'm playing a digital game I would love to be able to watch Blu-rays and DVDs like I would while having Xbox Video snapped.

164 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Media Player app - Enable list view

The Media Player app does not display full file names making it difficult to select the correct video file.

To mitigate this issue "list view" should be enabled. List view will be able to take full advantage of the screen, something "tile (or thumbnail) view" cannot do.

List view can be added in addition to tile view so the user has some choice in view.

Thanks for reading

161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ITV Player App

itv player please bring itv player to xbox 360 its an app that is most requrested and needs to be on here ps3 and ps4 have got it

160 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Plex and other third party apps to use DTS

The PLEX team says there is currently no support to allow DTS in their app. Please make it happen.

158 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base