Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring Ad-Supported Music Streaming To Xbox One via Groove

Bring Ad-Supported Xbox Music Streaming To Xbox One
    Makes no sense that it's available on Windows 8 and not Xbox One. At least make it available to Gold members.

1,111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 967 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the VLC multimedia app

The VLC multimedia app is already available in the Windows Store. That's a killer app that allows to read tons of video and audio formats. it would be great to propose it on Xbox One.

thanks!

954 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bluray & DVD App Should Be Pre-Installed

Hi guys, just inserted a dvd into the xbox one and it took my wife and I 5 minutes and a Google search to work out how to play a dvd that our 360 did seconds!

Which product idiot came up with the idea of having to download an app, isn't this supposed to be the 'centre' of your home experience !!

Microsoft, bundle the bluray and DVD app as part of the standard Xbox OS for goodness sake and get with the program and start creating a user experience.

945 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full Camera app

Develop a simple CAMERA-RECORDER App
    +photo
    +video
    +Selective quality/sizes
    +optional: motion detection-or lapse (security or other purposses)
    +DIRECTILY USB-HDD recording (not upload or cloud servce),
    + optative onedrive storage or upload storage.

945 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xbox Home Automation "Xbox, Lights Off or Xbox, Turn up the Heat" Controls

Partner with companies like Lutron and others to allow me to control lights, heat, shades, alarm system etc. through my xbox. How about security cameras etc.

887 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Free radio for Groove Music

The radio most be free on the xbox music app ( groove ), I prefer the music of xbox than pandora and iheart radio, so wy we have to listen stranger brodcast if we have one better and play better music

856 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring full SmartGlass support (e.g. cursor, pages zooming, etc.) to Microsoft Edge browser

When Xbox One had Internet Explorer, we could actually control it with any smartglass devices in any way - we could use our smartphones, ultrabooks, tablets and other devices to control the cursor, zoom in and out on any pages, etc.. But now, when Edge is released for Xbox One, we can't control any of it again, so looks like this new browser has lost some basic functionality (and it doesn't look like it has anything new to offer instead). It only works with controller, but not with my windows or android devices (with Xbox One smartglass apps on it).…

854 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Browsers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. FLAC on Xbox One Media Player

I was dismayed when the media player for Xbox One was announced and there is STILL no support of FLAC.

What is it with console providers and their seeming allergy to a completely open and free codec that would cost them nothing to support?

FLAC is not some minority codec - it is the format universally used by all serious audiophiles and music lovers when they rip their music to a digital format.

Go on any audiophile website on the internet - see what people use.

It's not MP3, and its certainly not the huge waste of storage space that…

850 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Swap Snapped App

When I have an app snapped, sometimes I would like to be able to swap the snapped app with the main app. For example, if I'm playing Titanfall and have my TV snapped, I would like to swap them between rounds so the TV is main and Titanfall is snapped. Then I would swap them back once the next round of Titanfall is starting.

833 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mark open Apps with a symbol

I hate how when I want to close my console I have to check all 5 recent apps to see if there are still open before I put my console on standby mode. I hate leaving apps or games open when I want to shutdown my console. plz add this feature to Xbox one I believe the ps4 came with this feature with that spinning circle under open apps.Thx

[Mod edit: Title changed from "it would be cool to have a kind of symbol on apps to see if its still open or active."]

827 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Apps for Saudi Arabia region

We want apps for saudi arabia . For example: shahid.net, bein sports, ... Etc

822 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

183 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Antivirus App for Xbox One

xbox on needs antivirus since it is connected to the internet all day

821 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calendar for Scheduling Gaming Sessions with Friends

have a Calendar that and system where the kinect see the user and tells them what they have Plans they have for The day Or week this way the xbox one with kintic would be more useful and integrated in to the family not just games machine

790 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Google Chrome

give us the option to use different browsers like google chrome or firefox

783 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Browsers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. when i do a press and hold on a party/achievement/message notification to open it in snap , don't switch focus to the snapped app .

don't take the control from me , i only want to read the message , view the achievement and see who is in the party , if i want to reply or do something else then i can double tap and switch the focus myself.

779 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. YouTube as Background Music

Sims background music has finally came it could be a lot more nicer for YouTube to be part of the background music program (you can use YouTube without snap and it could be a lot more easier if you connected your phone to the Xbox One)

761 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Audio Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Screen share over Skype

Like on PC/Mac, you should be able to screen share whats on your xbox one to friends who you are in a Skype call with.

751 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Xbox "Delete That" Command for Clip Recordings

I hate while playing a game, my xbox 1 says game clip recorded.
    I should be able to say "Xbox Delete That" to immediately delete it from the HD. (or an option to turn off)

748 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Netflix needs to be added to OneGuide

Xbox OneGuide is by far one of the most amazing features about Xbox One that I enjoy. All my media in the right spot. Except for my Netflix addiction, it doesn't populate into the one-guide.

I am not sure if this is the developers at Netflix holding back or something they didn't want to explore, but I feel that some pressure needs to be added on this.

I'd like to see my Netflix 'my list' appear in the one guide, as well as perhaps popular movies / tv shows have their own lists show up on one-guide from Netflix.

One…

727 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base