Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use images from OneDrive app as background

The new background update is great but not being able to use pictures from OneDrive seems like a big oversight, especially for those without a DLNA server.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with similar posts from +KM1TCH and Brumheh. Thanks, everyone!]

5,036 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

149 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to close all apps without having to restart your Xbox

Sometimes my Xbox tends to get slow/lag because of all the apps that our running. When you put the Xbox into instant mode, it dosent close your apps, hence the fast boot to be able to play games faster.

I would like a way to close all apps so I don't have to take the time to restart my Xbox everytime. I was thinking they could add it to the menu that pops up when you hold the XB button to turn off the console or turn of the system, for easy access.

1,486 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Snap in a window (Picture in Picture)

Snap mode is great but I find that it takes up more space than needed for just watching a video. Something like Picture in Picture (PiP) mode would be ideal so that way you could have Live TV or Netflix snapped to a corner on the screen of your choosing so it does not get in the way of the games HUD while still having the game you are playing full screen.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by Madhattre. Thanks everyone!]

1,246 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 967 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Swap Snapped App

When I have an app snapped, sometimes I would like to be able to swap the snapped app with the main app. For example, if I'm playing Titanfall and have my TV snapped, I would like to swap them between rounds so the TV is main and Titanfall is snapped. Then I would swap them back once the next round of Titanfall is starting.

833 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mark open Apps with a symbol

I hate how when I want to close my console I have to check all 5 recent apps to see if there are still open before I put my console on standby mode. I hate leaving apps or games open when I want to shutdown my console. plz add this feature to Xbox one I believe the ps4 came with this feature with that spinning circle under open apps.Thx

[Mod edit: Title changed from "it would be cool to have a kind of symbol on apps to see if its still open or active."]

827 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Apps for Saudi Arabia region

We want apps for saudi arabia . For example: shahid.net, bein sports, ... Etc

822 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

183 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. when i do a press and hold on a party/achievement/message notification to open it in snap , don't switch focus to the snapped app .

don't take the control from me , i only want to read the message , view the achievement and see who is in the party , if i want to reply or do something else then i can double tap and switch the focus myself.

779 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. An "Xbox 360" App for HDMI Passthrough

People who still own their Xbox 360s and want backwards comparability. If not done through cloud-based or digital-only system, since doing so through disks is apparently not possible, why not create an optimized Xbox One application that uses the HDMI in for an Xbox 360?

I say "optimized" because there's significant input lag when you try to do this with the TV app. If the lag could be reduced to a miniscule level and if there were special options for the app like the ability to use it for Twitch streaming then we could have something really simple that doesn't…

567 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Snap location customization

There are times where I would like to choose where apps snap for example it would be great if you could customize it so instead of snapping to the right users who wish could have it go to the left or even bottom or top I know this could take a lot of work but I think it would be a great change and allow for different users to use their Xbox individually it would also be great to see this be profile specific meaning it changes depending on who is signed in.

513 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change the voice of the Cortana app to that of Jen Taylor's.

(This is just a fun idea that I think would be cool even if it's unlikely to happen).

When I first heard about the Cortana App all those years ago I thought it was really cool that MS were naming their 'intuitive' app that talks to you after Cortana from Halo - and I naturally assumed they would use Jen Taylor as the voice of this app, hence why they were naming it after the character.

But instead MS went with some random generic female voice. Just seems like a real missed opportunity to do something memorable.

I think most…

473 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add BluRay Resume support

The ability for BluRays to resume where it left off when switching between apps.

472 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Snap Achievements for backward compatible games

Let us snap the achievements app for backwards compatibility games so that you can check your status, percent and search quick for an guide on TrueAchievement or the Internet.

445 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Being able to use Skype text in snap

ok snapping Skype is cool but when you get a message on Skype it needs to be viewed in fullscreen, Why doesnt it just stayed snapped like the messages thru xbox.

399 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Kodi

Kodi on Xbox one.

359 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Find friends in Skype

Add an option to the Skype app to find my Skype friends in Xbox Live, and to find my Xbox Live friends in Skype (with options to add in both services).

It's similar to what the old Facebook app for 360 used to do.

349 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Discord for Xbox One

Discord, a social gaming service, is one of the best to have around. It's safer than Skype and TeamSpeak, it's free, and you could interact with gamers across the world via PC and mobile. Now, I would like to bring Discord to Xbox One with the same features but with new added Xbox One features like snapping, etc.

333 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Long press Xbox home button should do more.

Long press Xbox home button should do more, much much more. Although I like have the ability to turn off a controller or the Xbox with a long press of the Xbox home button it should do that and so much more. Feels like a waste of a long press feature for just turning things off.. A long press should that and also have the option for quick text chat if you are playing online with someone, fast forward/play background music, game dvr recording start, quick achievement list for game you are playing etc.

266 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. System Apps boot quicker

For the System apps, like Friends, Party, Achievements, etc. They all seem to act like its an individual app and show an animation before booting it. I really think these items shouldn't be apps, if possible, and simply be always present on the dashboard. Perhaps a seperate section for all these system level tasks?

263 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shop valve (steam) on xbox one with steam control

When the Arcadia project, game streaming service by microsoft azure cloud is ready for release, make a partnership with the valve to launch its PC game store (steam) this service.
    So everyone can play pc games, original xbox, xbox 360 and xbox one the cloud, it can be also a launch via USB 3.0 adapter to use the steam control on xbox one, everyone would gain.

238 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base