Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Watch Friend's Game

Steam has started doing this with the ability to select an option in the dropdown on a n online friend and watch their game. There's something about having this built into the system that makes it vastly more appealing to me than the standard ways you can stream/watch currently via Twitch on Xbox One. Simply having it only turn on when someone wants to watch, and having that be just a friend is way more interesting.

I think this would have to include collaboration between Twitch and Microsoft to get this integrated into the system but it could manifest as…

2,899 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitch Stream Quality to 3500kbps

Full 1080p quality. That would be lovely.

2,342 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screen share over Skype

Like on PC/Mac, you should be able to screen share whats on your xbox one to friends who you are in a Skype call with.

751 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Twitch Live Stream - Custom Overlay Templates

Whilst recording a Live Stream you have more control before you start. Such as adding your logo, website, FaceBook, Twitter details etc. This would be great for Tournaments, Game Nights, Walk Throughs etc.

440 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to Remove Mixer

Not that anything will ever happen, but I want a option to remove this crap you guys call mixer. I do not stream nor do I watch streamers.
    I play video games, Now I have another useless tab that was forced onto me without a way to get rid of it.
    stop forcing these gimicks onto people that have no use of them.

Make them downloadable apps so if people want them they can download them at their hearts content.

431 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Twitch viewers notification

Twitch option;viewers pop up notification(switch on or off),and not constant on screen notification for example "no viewers". The best way will be, just a few second popup message "one new viewer/you have 10viewers". This feature will be very useful for gamers who play games on plasma tv(screen burn).

371 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Twitch Broadcasting as an Option in the Xbox Guide

In the preview update there is a dedicated icon for broadcasting (above the settings icon) but it only has the new 'Beam' app while Twitch can't even be snapped without loading the full app. Is it possible to make an option to use Twitch instead.

308 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Twitter notifications when starting to broadcast with Twitch

Twitter has become one of the best places to get info on news and games for XB1 and also to meet some of the best people in the community. I think it would be slick if when someone initiated a broadcast from their xbox one they had option of having a tweet go out with the game/title of the stream along with a link to the stream. Would just be another way for people who aren't on the console to know when they people they follow are streaming.

289 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Having a Custom option for Twitch Broadcasting Quality

Instead of a fixed amount of the low, medium, high, we should have the option to set our own broadcast quality instead of hoping the get new recommendation option will give you a good enough quality so you don't have to see that your lagging. For example, say your quality is currently 850kbps and it constantly say your lagging, you would go to your quality settings and select custom and enter whatever number (750,761,702,etc) you think would be good to keep the stream stable without the constant lag.

216 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve Twitch Streaming at Lower Bitrates

On ps4 people who have low upload speeds can stream on twitch without the video breaking, on xbox one on the other hand the video has very low quality and the image is breaking. In Greece (among other countries) the average upload speed is between 0.4 to 0.8 Mbps and people can stream just fine on ps4 but on xbox one the image is terrible. Fix it.

142 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base