Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Netflix party mode

Several years ago there was an amazing feature for netflix... Party mode. This feature was torn from our grasp without notice and left a void in my heart that only it could fill back up. Please bring it back.

9,119 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

498 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 60FPS and 1080p/4k support on YouTube for Xbox One

60FPS and 1080p/4k support on YouTube for Xbox

7,221 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

139 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Replace non-standard keyboards like YouTube/Netflix with the Xbox on-screen keyboard

Redesign the typing system on Youtube and Netflix. Make it like the way you would type to send a message. This would make typing faster

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with similar posts from Jean Choukroun* and XeneoWho+. Thanks, everyone!]

[Mod edit: The title of this post was changed from "Redesign the typing system on apps like Youtube/Netflix."]

[Mod edit: This idea suggests creating on-screen keyboard uniformity across a number of apps, with Netflix and YouTube acting as primary examples.]

5,687 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Video Resolution Selection option for YouTube please

This will be really useful for both those who have data capped Internet Access and those with unlimited access who will always prefer to stream in HD

5,352 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BluRay Title Card On Dashboard

When a BluRay Disc in in the drive the BluRay app Shows up, it would be better if it would just show the Title of the movie and maybe the cover art/stock art for the movie. The title and image could be pulled from the disc itself or from Xbox Video. This feature would make it easier to tell what disc is in the drive if it's a BluRay. This could also possibly be extended to dvds.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by chcolatesnw. Thanks everyone!]

3,992 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Media Extender

Live tv is great but some of us actually use a Microsoft product for our live and recorded tv needs. The xbox 360 was the best media center extender but we want it on the xbox one also. Please give us media center extender capabilities

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by getsomesean. Thanks everyone!]

3,932 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

246 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Snap Center: Press LB or RB to adjust Volume Balance

The new Snap Center has a "Press X to Record That" prompt, which gave me an idea:

I'd like to be able to adjust the Sound Mixer slider from within the Snap Center by pressing LB and RB.

This will allow users to adjust the volume balance between main and snapped games/apps without having to launch the Settings app.

3,083 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring Sky Go to Xbox One

The Xbox 360 has loads of entertainment applications whereas the Xbox one has only a few, my favourite was sky go and being able to go into a party while watching your shows would be great too!

2,551 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

199 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Media Player - DTS Audio

Im using the Media Player App more and more (I love it), but i noticed one big problem.
    There is no support for DTS Audio.
    Is it possible to add this?

Please Vote folks. I cant be the only one who wants that feature and improvement.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from SinewyTripod3. Thanks, everyone!]

2,190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

185 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Live streaming to YouTube

You shoulb be able to broadcast to YouTube through snapping the app

2,037 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

199 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. App for YouTube Gaming on Xbox One

App for the YouTube Gaming on XONE - similiar to YouTube app who already exist and are avaiable for XONE. YouTube Gaming is a new service of Games videos only. It is perfect to see on XONE.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from Viizion ToZe, who specifies that the app should be usable for broadcasting to YouTube as well.]

2,035 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want Facebook to come back properly on Xbox One!

I want Facebook to come back properly on Xbox One!

1,648 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unify the media apps on xbox one

Now that we have DLNA, USB playback support coming I am wondering if maybe its time that we get a unified app for all this media!

Heres why.
    We have Xbox Video for our digital media, we have Xbox music for again our digital media, we now have the Media App (which tbh looks really plain going by the video preview currently out) and we have the blu-ray player for are physical media then last theres the audio CD player.
    I think the team should look into incorporating them into fewer apps!

E.g, Xbox Video should have the Video support…

1,538 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the VLC multimedia app

The VLC multimedia app is already available in the Windows Store. That's a killer app that allows to read tons of video and audio formats. it would be great to propose it on Xbox One.

thanks!

954 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Netflix needs to be added to OneGuide

Xbox OneGuide is by far one of the most amazing features about Xbox One that I enjoy. All my media in the right spot. Except for my Netflix addiction, it doesn't populate into the one-guide.

I am not sure if this is the developers at Netflix holding back or something they didn't want to explore, but I feel that some pressure needs to be added on this.

I'd like to see my Netflix 'my list' appear in the one guide, as well as perhaps popular movies / tv shows have their own lists show up on one-guide from Netflix.

One…

728 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New movie party for all movie and tv apps, not just netflix

Please bring movie party back and better for more than just netflix. Every movie or tv app should have the movie party feature. We have friends all around the world and would like to experience great videos at the same time. From anime to movies to tv, bringing movie party back is not only another app sony won't have but shows why xbox is the best place for social entertainment.

Many of us could have watched E3 in the movie party theater or the next big hit on hbo go like game of thrones. Such a under rated feature with…

606 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Windows Media Center for Xbox One

Bring the full application to the Xbox One

Holds more potential

The Xbox one can extend Windows Media Center to other devices instead of just being the extender like the Xbox 360. Because now the Xbox one haves a TV tuner. Then someone for instance can be on the Xbox 360 streaming live TV off my Xbox one while I'm playing the game on my Xbox one.
    Just like the SmartGlass but on a bigger TV and maybe even stream my movies, music, and pictures off my external Hard drive from my Xbox one.

Even my Surface pro 3 can…

562 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Video 4K Playback Support

Microsoft it would be awesome if you could provide a hardware and/or software that will allow for 4k Support via online streaming services and later down the line 4k Blu-Ray support. A course the 4k Blu-Ray player support would be via a hardware update to the built-in Disc drive.

554 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DirecTV Now streaming app (NEW)

Please add the just released (30 Nov 16) 'DirectTV Now' streaming app. This new app is one of the new 'skinny bundle' OTT 'cord cutter' apps to bring a form of cable TV over the internet. Similar to Sling TV and Playstation Vue. (DirecTV Now has nothing to do with the satellite TV service by the same company) It would be nice to use this within the XBox interface instead of having to turn to Apple TV or other devices.

465 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Increased bitrate for media

Hello,

So I have a plex server at home, ts469L which has a very tiny intel atom processor, which cannot do much transcoding.

I purchased the xbox one to be a media player as well as a gaming console for my main TV.
    I know DTS is in the works, however many of my MKV files are very large rips of my blu ray collection.
    A typical film is about 15GB +
    The problem is the xbox one has a bitrate limit of 20mbps or 2MB!
    This is minuscule and there is no way a good 1080p film or tv…

459 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base