Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow the ability to disable auto-recording of game clips

Title says it all. It creates a lot of movie files that have to be manually deleted. Sports games especially such as Fifa, and Ryse multiplayer seem to make auto-recorded game clips frequently. Currently the only way to disable this option is to disable Game DVR all togehter. An option to disable just the auto-record feature would be fantastic.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by SnakeX and M4giX 312. Thanks everyone!]

9,568 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

359 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update the resolution and frame rate for the Game DVR

If possible, the resolution and frame rate for the Game DVR needs to be increased, as more and more games will begin to use higher specs than the 720p and 30fps of the DVR.

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with a similar idea posted by Nile528. Thanks everyone!]

3,158 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share Directly to YouTube from Upload

I'd like to be able to share Upload clips directly from Upload instead of having to go into the youtube app

1,666 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Game DVR captures Party / Game chat

Game DVR captures Party / Game chat -
    This way we can capture those awesome / funny / epic moments along with the reactions in real time!

1,635 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

233 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export Game DVR clips/Captures to USB

Allow us to export our Game DVR clips directly to USB for editing/combining/sharing on our PCs (in the original format/quality rather than compressed).

It's frustrating to have to wait to upload to SkyDrive, then download back down to my PC even though they're only 2 feet away from each other.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from VortigauntOfWar. Thanks everybody!]

1,116 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xbox "Delete That" Command for Clip Recordings

I hate while playing a game, my xbox 1 says game clip recorded.
    I should be able to say "Xbox Delete That" to immediately delete it from the HD. (or an option to turn off)

748 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Record the Xbox 360 with GameDVR into Xbox One's TV app.

The Xbox 360 can be plugged into Xbox One with HDMI. Many people, like me, would record some clips form the games of the Xbox 360.

715 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to mark spoilers for clips in Upload

Xbox DVR

[Mod edit: Title changed from "whenrecording game footage there should be an option to mark them as potential spoiler" to clarify that the merged post calls out Upload.]

476 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Folders for Game DVR

If I could have folders in Game DVR then it would be much easier to find what im looking for then every video ever recorded since I bought my console. You could have folders for individual games and dates.

440 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We should be able to add credits at the end of our clips in Upload Studio

So we can give special thanks to other players that helped support in the making of our videos so they can gain more FOLLOWERS.

282 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a setting to automatically upload screenshots to OneDrive

There should be an option to automatically upload screenshots to OneDrive instead of one at a time. If bandwidth usage during a game is a concern, throttling or postponing the upload until the game is no longer in use and or no app is utilizing bandwidth (streaming video for example) would be a solution.

272 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to Share Clips Directly to Facebook

Hi you should be able to share your game clips from your xbox to Facebook it gives you the option to share to twitter but not Facebook can we please make this happen many thanks .

249 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Control over the quality of the Game dvr (set the quality to 1080p etc)

Be able to adjust settings such as quality, how far back it records by default etc

228 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop auto posting my recordings to activity feed

Please stop automatically posting all videos I record onto my activity feed. Most times the videos need editing before anyone wants to share them.

191 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Slow mo for the upload app

A better slow motion playback mode for the Upload app would be just the thing you would want if you add the abillty to take screenshot from Upload.

By better i mean one where the image on screen moves with the time clock.

157 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Upload multiple screenshots to OneDrive at once

At the moment you can only upload one screenshot at a time to OneDrive or Twitter.

It would be great if we could 'Select All' and upload them all.

132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support Adding Captions (Subtitles) to Upload Studio Videos

Enable or support rendering of captions included in video files.

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base