Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Remove the 5 minute cap on recording

Allow us to record more than 5 minutes gameplay

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with similar ideas from NukeBoy147 and Viizion ToZe. Thanks! -Ed]

4,641 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Milky Iz Krysis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) responded  · 

Users can now record up to 10 minutes at a time with the new improved GameDVR! While playing a game, press the Xbox button to bring up the Xbox Guide, then press the View button to see your recording options. Choose “Start Recording” and the GameDVR will record up to 10 minutes of gameplay.

291 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SkyrimQueen421 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Longer then 10 please I'm a YouTuber and need more then that set the limit high enough that we don't have to make voting stuff like this come on use your head for once

• AskForSamFisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I retweet the comment Gwai Lo Burrito made below:

Ok so the 5 minute cap is gone and we have a 10 minute cap..

Now remove the 10 minute cap and let us record indefinitely until our hard drive is full.

Or at least as full as we choose to allow it.

Come on, Xbox.. yall are smart and this is not hard.

• Negduke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was just looking for info on this. It needs to increase to at least match the 60 mins on Playstation. I really don't want to stream so being able to make longer clips is a must really.

• Gwai Lo Burrito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok so the 5 minute cap is gone and we have a 10 minute cap..

Now remove the 10 minute cap and let us record indefinitely until our hard drive is full.

Or at least as full as we choose to allow it.

Come on, Xbox.. yall are smart and this is not hard.

• MiiKifWii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The game clip should be recorded directly to the Hard drive,giving us the possibility to Record game clips even when we broadcast on Twitch or Beam
    More time also,5 minutes it's few,PlayStation 4 give us possibility to Record 60minutes
    Also Sharing the clips should be in our control and not some cloud upload

• Evilest Robot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, I can't even play good in a game when I have to stop what I'm doing just to open up the dvr and select 5minutes. It slows me down and gets me killed. Please make 15 minute cap at least.

• KILLERBEENL83 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Record to external media using well known filesystem like ntfs. Just leave the cloud out, if that would take to much space. Uploading a clip of 5 minutes to the cloud takes forever anyway.

• WastingDouglas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give option for more records time in one clip just like ps4, ps4 got one hour, make xbox one more best for recording, get option for unlimited recording time by external drive storage remaining space. and option for copy to usb flash drive. and quality option, 720p is not enought. 1080p is better and in upcoming Xbox Scorpio supported 4Kgaming.

• THEFOREVERMAN1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be great, since we can no longer inspect our videos on pc xbox site and copy past the url in the code to upload to youtube you guys made it harder to upload to youtube. this is what i mean in a short video explination.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTusI9ijnE please bring this exploit back or male a easy way for pc youtubers to edit vids and upload.

• Dyingbreed1596 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen!! It is so annoying to only record for 5 minutes max, What about when we want to just continuously record for lets say 30 minutes to an hour, i mean if we have the space then why not. Please just make this happen

• Mr EEG MEMPHIS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love for this to happen. I'd be ok with even 30 minutes in comparison to the hour PS4 gets. People clearly want this. Make it happen!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base