Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add comments to the YouTube app

If you were able add comments on the YouTube app that would be extremely helpful. Also being able to browse a certain channels playlists and categories would be great.

454 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Visualizer or Screen Saver When Playing Music on Groove

When using the music app have the ability to change what is on the screen. Like the old Winamp visualizers.
    I used the photo slideshow on 360 heaps but always thought it could be heaps better,

453 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. iTunes on Xbox One

iTunes on Xbox would allow you to listen to your favourite music, watch videos and even read books and all of it would be synced with your iTunes account on our iPod, iPad, iPhone laptop/computer, for fun in and out of games

453 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Snap Achievements for backward compatible games

Let us snap the achievements app for backwards compatibility games so that you can check your status, percent and search quick for an guide on TrueAchievement or the Internet.

445 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Folders for Game DVR

If I could have folders in Game DVR then it would be much easier to find what im looking for then every video ever recorded since I bought my console. You could have folders for individual games and dates.

440 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Twitch Live Stream - Custom Overlay Templates

Whilst recording a Live Stream you have more control before you start. Such as adding your logo, website, FaceBook, Twitter details etc. This would be great for Tournaments, Game Nights, Walk Throughs etc.

440 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to Remove Mixer

Not that anything will ever happen, but I want a option to remove this crap you guys call mixer. I do not stream nor do I watch streamers.
    I play video games, Now I have another useless tab that was forced onto me without a way to get rid of it.
    stop forcing these gimicks onto people that have no use of them.

Make them downloadable apps so if people want them they can download them at their hearts content.

431 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Kinect Languages. An app that will help you learn new languages.

There's Xbox Fitness.

Let's see Xbox Languages.

I think Kinect is a perfect tool for an app, like Xbox Fitness, or a game, that can teach us new languages, like Japanese, Spanish, German, English, Russian, etc.

Being able to interact with the Xbox using voice commands in the language you are trying to learn on a daily basis would be a great teaching tool. Especially if Kinect can hear us and correct us when necessary if we are pronouncing a word wrong.

409 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Being able to use Skype text in snap

ok snapping Skype is cool but when you get a message on Skype it needs to be viewed in fullscreen, Why doesnt it just stayed snapped like the messages thru xbox.

399 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add more languages to the Rosetta Stone app please!

I personally am interested in learning japanese.

398 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Twitch viewers notification

Twitch option;viewers pop up notification(switch on or off),and not constant on screen notification for example "no viewers". The best way will be, just a few second popup message "one new viewer/you have 10viewers". This feature will be very useful for gamers who play games on plasma tv(screen burn).

372 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Media Player better sorting/browsing options for media files on attached USB devices

As the only option presently, Media Player always presents folders on an attached USB device first and then lists the media files alfabetically as tiles starting with the letter A. This makes browsing large, attached USB devices for the right media file time consuming.

More sorting/browsing options will speed up finding the right media file on a device with hundreds of entries:

- "Sort by File Date"
    - "Show Only File Names"
    - "Jump by the Alfabet". Present a list of letters: A B C D E F G etc. Click the letter and skip down the file list to…

366 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Xfinity

We have this app for 360 but we should have it for the Xbox one. It has more selections to choose from is updated more frequently than Netflix

361 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Kodi

Kodi on Xbox one.

360 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create an app where you can request help from Xbox Support

when you have a problem with the console you go to application and you demand to Windows helper to call you for resolve the problem

[Mod edit: Title changed from "create an apps for contact a windows helper at phon chat etc .........when you have a problem."]

356 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Region free for DVD / Blu Ray playback

I would like the console to be made region free for DVDs and Blu Rays. Given there is no region lock on games now and virtually all independent players can be set to region free is there really a benefit to having the console locked. Especially when there are actually a lot of DVDs that can't be found in the UK but can be purchased in the States etc. Thanks

353 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Find friends in Skype

Add an option to the Skype app to find my Skype friends in Xbox Live, and to find my Xbox Live friends in Skype (with options to add in both services).

It's similar to what the old Facebook app for 360 used to do.

349 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Media player resume

Allow the media player to resume videos from its last position

343 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Discord for Xbox One

Discord, a social gaming service, is one of the best to have around. It's safer than Skype and TeamSpeak, it's free, and you could interact with gamers across the world via PC and mobile. Now, I would like to bring Discord to Xbox One with the same features but with new added Xbox One features like snapping, etc.

336 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 360 Degree YouTube Video Support that Allows You to Interact with Thumbstick

I like watching Youtube 360 degree videos and I had an idea that it can support by controlling the 360 degree control with the right joy stick on the Xbox one controller because it is not being used for anything

335 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base