Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. App for Donating CPU/GPU Cycles to Cancer & AIDS Research

Please add an app or feature that will allow us to donate spare CPU/GPU cycles to the research of illnesses such as Cancer and AIDs.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3nf75r/are_there_plans_to_let_us_donate_extra_cpugpu/

686 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Amazon Prime Music

Amazon Prime has came out with Music, for the subscribers, Free App for this please.

664 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Audio Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitter App

Add a Twitter app that can be snapped and your feed will update live.

639 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Steam client app to stream games from PC over LAN

Recently Steam has released the hability to stream games from a PC over a local network, so you can have a high end PC for gaming in your office room and be able to play in you living room using a low end PC or tablet executing the Steam client app in slave mode.

It would be very nice that Xbox One will be able to act as a Steam client, so Xbox users could play PC exclusive games.

This way we also will safe a lot of money because you wont have to buy a Steam Machine for your…

618 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New movie party for all movie and tv apps, not just netflix

Please bring movie party back and better for more than just netflix. Every movie or tv app should have the movie party feature. We have friends all around the world and would like to experience great videos at the same time. From anime to movies to tv, bringing movie party back is not only another app sony won't have but shows why xbox is the best place for social entertainment.

Many of us could have watched E3 in the movie party theater or the next big hit on hbo go like game of thrones. Such a under rated feature with…

606 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An "Xbox 360" App for HDMI Passthrough

People who still own their Xbox 360s and want backwards comparability. If not done through cloud-based or digital-only system, since doing so through disks is apparently not possible, why not create an optimized Xbox One application that uses the HDMI in for an Xbox 360?

I say "optimized" because there's significant input lag when you try to do this with the TV app. If the lag could be reduced to a miniscule level and if there were special options for the app like the ability to use it for Twitch streaming then we could have something really simple that doesn't…

566 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Windows Media Center for Xbox One

Bring the full application to the Xbox One

Holds more potential

The Xbox one can extend Windows Media Center to other devices instead of just being the extender like the Xbox 360. Because now the Xbox one haves a TV tuner. Then someone for instance can be on the Xbox 360 streaming live TV off my Xbox one while I'm playing the game on my Xbox one.
    Just like the SmartGlass but on a bigger TV and maybe even stream my movies, music, and pictures off my external Hard drive from my Xbox one.

Even my Surface pro 3 can…

561 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Google Chrome

give us the option to use different browsers like google chrome or firefox

559 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Browsers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video 4K Playback Support

Microsoft it would be awesome if you could provide a hardware and/or software that will allow for 4k Support via online streaming services and later down the line 4k Blu-Ray support. A course the 4k Blu-Ray player support would be via a hardware update to the built-in Disc drive.

554 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scene Selection for Xbox One Media Player App

1. Imagine you're watching a movie...

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1382/3xv229.jpg

But then you want to skip to your favorite scene... the only option right now is to fast forward via 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, and 128x speeds.

My solution:

2. Press X on the gamepad to open scene selection...

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/9430/p2msxU.jpg

which shows little thumbnails of the scenes I can skip to in timeframes (In this example, every five minutes)

3. But wait, you're looking for a very specific scene. No problem, press X again to change the timeframe to one minute...

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/5797/4vMCf5.jpg

Please make my wish come true. Thanks!

513 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Snap location customization

There are times where I would like to choose where apps snap for example it would be great if you could customize it so instead of snapping to the right users who wish could have it go to the left or even bottom or top I know this could take a lot of work but I think it would be a great change and allow for different users to use their Xbox individually it would also be great to see this be profile specific meaning it changes depending on who is signed in.

512 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Xbox Wire App

You could set up an app to basically mirror Xbox Wire (or create a whole new Xbox Wire experience on the console). In this app you can continuously keep people up to date and deliver the trailer and content via the console as well as the web.

491 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Emulator Apps on Xbox One

so with the release of the UWP, it should be allowed to run emulators on an xbox one, there is already an app in development for xbox one called NESbox, please let devs release emulators for free because this would be absolutely amazing to see.

484 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to mark spoilers for clips in Upload

Xbox DVR

[Mod edit: Title changed from "whenrecording game footage there should be an option to mark them as potential spoiler" to clarify that the merged post calls out Upload.]

476 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Xbox Alarm app

There are times when I'm playing on my Xbox while waiting for something like when cooking dinner, pickup someone from the train station or some other errand. It would be useful to have an alarm app where I can set the time so I can be alerted without having to keep checking my clock.

473 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change the voice of the Cortana app to that of Jen Taylor's.

(This is just a fun idea that I think would be cool even if it's unlikely to happen).

When I first heard about the Cortana App all those years ago I thought it was really cool that MS were naming their 'intuitive' app that talks to you after Cortana from Halo - and I naturally assumed they would use Jen Taylor as the voice of this app, hence why they were naming it after the character.

But instead MS went with some random generic female voice. Just seems like a real missed opportunity to do something memorable.

I think most…

472 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add BluRay Resume support

The ability for BluRays to resume where it left off when switching between apps.

472 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Song, Artist and Artwork Notification for Background Music

In addition to the thousands who have voted for the ability to listen to music (pandora/media player) while snap is hidden. I think when the feature is implemented, it would be great for an option of a short notification with the artwork,artist and song to pop up at the beginning of the song. No achievment sound needed.

A good example of the look of the notification would be when a game finishes downloading it shows a picture, title and a hold to play. These can be replaced with all the components I mentioned.

If you are somehow viewing this first,…

466 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DirecTV Now streaming app (NEW)

Please add the just released (30 Nov 16) 'DirectTV Now' streaming app. This new app is one of the new 'skinny bundle' OTT 'cord cutter' apps to bring a form of cable TV over the internet. Similar to Sling TV and Playstation Vue. (DirecTV Now has nothing to do with the satellite TV service by the same company) It would be nice to use this within the XBox interface instead of having to turn to Apple TV or other devices.

465 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Increased bitrate for media

Hello,

So I have a plex server at home, ts469L which has a very tiny intel atom processor, which cannot do much transcoding.

I purchased the xbox one to be a media player as well as a gaming console for my main TV.
    I know DTS is in the works, however many of my MKV files are very large rips of my blu ray collection.
    A typical film is about 15GB +
    The problem is the xbox one has a bitrate limit of 20mbps or 2MB!
    This is minuscule and there is no way a good 1080p film or tv…

459 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base