Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Media Player - DTS Audio

Im using the Media Player App more and more (I love it), but i noticed one big problem.
    There is no support for DTS Audio.
    Is it possible to add this?

Please Vote folks. I cant be the only one who wants that feature and improvement.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from SinewyTripod3. Thanks, everyone!]

2,190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

185 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows 10 on Xbox One

Put Windows 10 on the Xbox One.
    Imagine the possibilities... I need not even say any more.
    R.I.P.P.S.4

2,095 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Live streaming to YouTube

You shoulb be able to broadcast to YouTube through snapping the app

2,037 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

199 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. App for YouTube Gaming on Xbox One

App for the YouTube Gaming on XONE - similiar to YouTube app who already exist and are avaiable for XONE. YouTube Gaming is a new service of Games videos only. It is perfect to see on XONE.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from Viizion ToZe, who specifies that the app should be usable for broadcasting to YouTube as well.]

2,035 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable this Feedback site directly from the Xbox One dashboard

have an app on the xbox one dashboard for this feedback forum whereby posting of feedback and voting for popular feedback posts can take place

1,997 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make an ID@Xbox app

There are many games appearing with the ID@Xbox program, but its hard to keep track of all of them and we end up missing some really interesting stuff.

Would be cool to keep track of everything new its coming to the program, including release dates, descriptions, screenshots, trailers, a favorite tab, and even a "direct link" to the store when the game is released!

That way gamers will be able to get much more informed about the increasing list of new independent developed games, its also a good way to give those developers products more exhibition So please, do it!

1,850 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import Spotify Playlist into Groove

I have a couple Spotify playlists I'd like to import to Xbox Music. I have an Xbox Music and Spotify subscription, but to convenience of playing from the Xbox the playlists I create on the go would be sweet.

1,687 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share Directly to YouTube from Upload

I'd like to be able to share Upload clips directly from Upload instead of having to go into the youtube app

1,667 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want Facebook to come back properly on Xbox One!

I want Facebook to come back properly on Xbox One!

1,648 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Media player update

The Xbox One Media player is so far behind the launch media player with the 360, Some of my issues with it;

1. It only plays videos, you can't turn it off and resume later, it just plays them from the start.

2. It automatically plays the next Video, how annoying, I want to watch a movie from my Movies folder than It just plays the next one.

3. It only has pause, fast forward and rewind options, the 360 had subtitles, screen size options for stretch and wide, info on the video, how long remaining.

4. I have to…

1,640 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Game DVR captures Party / Game chat

Game DVR captures Party / Game chat -
    This way we can capture those awesome / funny / epic moments along with the reactions in real time!

1,637 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

233 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Xbox E3 Experience At Home

I have always dreamed about going to E3 like many other gamers around the world.

A lot of gamers can't make the trip to Los Angeles for the week of E3 due to financial, health, and many other possible reasons.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could bring the "E3 Experience" to people's homes around the world?

Microsoft, create and app that allows Xbox One gamers to demo Xbox One E3 show floor games at home. So it's like bringing E3 home to Xbox One gamers around the world.

Watching E3 game streams is cool, but I think I can…

1,564 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate Forums into the New Xbox One Experience

With the new upcoming Xbox One Dashboard/Experience, there is a new Community tab.

It would be great to have the Xbox.com forums integrated into the console, so we can reply and post on the forums from our consoles, and use Cortana to type our posts for us!

1,557 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How about a system repair and diagnostic app?

Last night I spent over 3 hours on the phone with a support agent. I was having problems installing a game for the kids. The Xbox was throwing 3 error codes. One was a common issue I found 47 search results for. It would be nice if when an error code pops up it would hyperlink to a description of common reasons for that issue. My issue happened to span from a game trying to be installed that was for a pc apparently. I found it in the game installation place. It wouldn't uninstall by going tother it and pushing…

1,554 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unify the media apps on xbox one

Now that we have DLNA, USB playback support coming I am wondering if maybe its time that we get a unified app for all this media!

Heres why.
    We have Xbox Video for our digital media, we have Xbox music for again our digital media, we now have the Media App (which tbh looks really plain going by the video preview currently out) and we have the blu-ray player for are physical media then last theres the audio CD player.
    I think the team should look into incorporating them into fewer apps!

E.g, Xbox Video should have the Video support…

1,538 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The ability to close all apps without having to restart your Xbox

Sometimes my Xbox tends to get slow/lag because of all the apps that our running. When you put the Xbox into instant mode, it dosent close your apps, hence the fast boot to be able to play games faster.

I would like a way to close all apps so I don't have to take the time to restart my Xbox everytime. I was thinking they could add it to the menu that pops up when you hold the XB button to turn off the console or turn of the system, for easy access.

1,486 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download Movies and TV content to HDD rather than only having streaming as an option

Download Xbox Video content to HDD rather than only having streaming as an option.

1,450 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Snap in a window (Picture in Picture)

Snap mode is great but I find that it takes up more space than needed for just watching a video. Something like Picture in Picture (PiP) mode would be ideal so that way you could have Live TV or Netflix snapped to a corner on the screen of your choosing so it does not get in the way of the games HUD while still having the game you are playing full screen.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by Madhattre. Thanks everyone!]

1,247 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Europe wants more Apps!

In Europe, especially Germany, there are only a few apps available.
    Today i changed my Xbox One to a US console to watch the E3 Briefing, because the german translater was very annoying.

So i took a look at the US Xbox App Store and there were lots of Apps i have never seen at the german store. So please, we are also owners of the Xbox One and we want to have the same service!

1,139 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export Game DVR clips/Captures to USB

Allow us to export our Game DVR clips directly to USB for editing/combining/sharing on our PCs (in the original format/quality rather than compressed).

It's frustrating to have to wait to upload to SkyDrive, then download back down to my PC even though they're only 2 feet away from each other.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from VortigauntOfWar. Thanks everybody!]

1,116 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base