Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import Spotify Playlist into Groove

I have a couple Spotify playlists I'd like to import to Xbox Music. I have an Xbox Music and Spotify subscription, but to convenience of playing from the Xbox the playlists I create on the go would be sweet.

1,686 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media player update

The Xbox One Media player is so far behind the launch media player with the 360, Some of my issues with it;

1. It only plays videos, you can't turn it off and resume later, it just plays them from the start.

2. It automatically plays the next Video, how annoying, I want to watch a movie from my Movies folder than It just plays the next one.

3. It only has pause, fast forward and rewind options, the 360 had subtitles, screen size options for stretch and wide, info on the video, how long remaining.

4. I have to…

1,640 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Download Movies and TV content to HDD rather than only having streaming as an option

Download Xbox Video content to HDD rather than only having streaming as an option.

1,336 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring Ad-Supported Music Streaming To Xbox One via Groove

Bring Ad-Supported Xbox Music Streaming To Xbox One
    Makes no sense that it's available on Windows 8 and not Xbox One. At least make it available to Gold members.

1,111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Free radio for Groove Music

The radio most be free on the xbox music app ( groove ), I prefer the music of xbox than pandora and iheart radio, so wy we have to listen stranger brodcast if we have one better and play better music

856 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. FLAC on Xbox One Media Player

I was dismayed when the media player for Xbox One was announced and there is STILL no support of FLAC.

What is it with console providers and their seeming allergy to a completely open and free codec that would cost them nothing to support?

FLAC is not some minority codec - it is the format universally used by all serious audiophiles and music lovers when they rip their music to a digital format.

Go on any audiophile website on the internet - see what people use.

It's not MP3, and its certainly not the huge waste of storage space that…

849 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scene Selection for Xbox One Media Player App

1. Imagine you're watching a movie...

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1382/3xv229.jpg

But then you want to skip to your favorite scene... the only option right now is to fast forward via 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, and 128x speeds.

My solution:

2. Press X on the gamepad to open scene selection...

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/9430/p2msxU.jpg

which shows little thumbnails of the scenes I can skip to in timeframes (In this example, every five minutes)

3. But wait, you're looking for a very specific scene. No problem, press X again to change the timeframe to one minute...

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/5797/4vMCf5.jpg

Please make my wish come true. Thanks!

513 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Visualizer or Screen Saver When Playing Music on Groove

When using the music app have the ability to change what is on the screen. Like the old Winamp visualizers.
    I used the photo slideshow on 360 heaps but always thought it could be heaps better,

452 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Media Player better sorting/browsing options for media files on attached USB devices

As the only option presently, Media Player always presents folders on an attached USB device first and then lists the media files alfabetically as tiles starting with the letter A. This makes browsing large, attached USB devices for the right media file time consuming.

More sorting/browsing options will speed up finding the right media file on a device with hundreds of entries:

- "Sort by File Date"
    - "Show Only File Names"
    - "Jump by the Alfabet". Present a list of letters: A B C D E F G etc. Click the letter and skip down the file list to…

366 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Media player resume

Allow the media player to resume videos from its last position

342 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox Movies and TV app for Android

I rented a movie on my Xbox One and went to watch it on my tablet when I was traveling. Lo and behold though, there apparently is no Android version of this app. This seems like a pretty big oversight to me. There's an Xbox Music app on Android and an Xbox Video app on Windows Phone so let's make this happen.

300 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. media player app need more controls

I have been using the media player app preview over the last couple of days and one thing I've noticed it needs is a skip track/ file option along with the fast-forward and rewind commands, perhaps having both the bumpers as the skip forward/ back buttons.

253 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3D movies on Movies and TV app

The ability to rent or buy 3D movies on the Xbox video...

Thx... ;-)

243 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support Full HD 3D MKV

Given that the support of 3D bluray was added recently, it would be nice if the new media player could support Full HD 3D MKV, which are created with the Windows software MakeMKV, as explained in this tutorial from Mede8er, a famous and critically acclaimed manufacturer of flawless 3D multimedia players for living rooms, such as the MED800X3D: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=vb6l9lc90athhcl4e3gl22iev0&topic=9624.0

239 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Onedrive support on Media Player

I have all my music on Onedrive and I would like to listen to it on the Xbox one like I do on my Phone. I think onedrive support for music in the Media player app would make it better.

237 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Xbox Movies and TV Ultraviolet support and automatic conversion of previously purchased content to ultraviolet

Xbox Video Ultraviolet support and automatic conversion of previously purchased content to ultraviolet

228 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Xbox One Media Player - bring up to speed with the 360 version (at least)

- Bing in play and resume of media files (like 360).

- Bring in single play only of media files, not continuous (like 360). [Personal gripe with this, if I fall asleep watching a video, Xbox doesn't turn off after 1 hour of inactivity, just plays and plays and plays and plays]

- Bring in screen size options (stretch, fill etc.) (like 360)

- Bring in general media options (skip chapter, subs, sound etc.) (like 360)

- Remove skip whole episode/video from the left analog stick (more annoying than anything) (not like 360)

- List items on usb instead of…

227 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Requesting Groove and Xbox Movies and TV available in Korea.

Hi? I live in South Korea.

I am really fan of Microsoft and now I am also using Windows Phone.

In korea, Xbox Music and Xbox Video are not sill servicing.

I really hope that you determine to service Xbox Music and Video on my country.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

170 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Media Player app - Enable list view

The Media Player app does not display full file names making it difficult to select the correct video file.

To mitigate this issue "list view" should be enabled. List view will be able to take full advantage of the screen, something "tile (or thumbnail) view" cannot do.

List view can be added in addition to tile view so the user has some choice in view.

Thanks for reading

161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please keep updating the Media Player

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far but it does have bugs and issues. For one, I'd love it if the media player supported VOB files (meaning that you could actually load the built in DVD menu and navigate it like a regular DVD). At it stands, it's hit and miss on loading VOB files manually but it doesn't always work. I know it's not an officially supported file format but I'm hoping it becomes supported in the future.

Another issue is I've had the player crash on me a couple of times.

Anyway, much of my personal media library…

154 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base