Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Xbox Rewards App or Access on Xbox One Console

I know personally I hate having to go to the xbox rewards site to claim my rewards or check how i'm doing, have an app on the xbox one which has a friendly user interface and simple to use! You can withdraw your Xbox Rewards points straight from your XB1!

10,870 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

125 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. An app for voting for backward compatible titles

Now that we can vote for which games become backwards compatible, it'd be really nice to be able to do that from our Xbox ones dashboard, plus it'd give a lot more numbers to use for the consideration of adding a game.

4,297 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow A Full Steam App On Xbox One

Since Xbox One is running PC Architecture and the OS is windows based. Why not allow a full steam app on Xbox One? Even if you did something like not allowing any games that are being sold in the Xbox One Marketplace it would be a great way to get older titles on Xbox One.

The PS4 has a great option of playing old PS3 games by streaming. Allowing Steam would add immense value to Xbox One. Xbox One would enjoy its library grow to the 1000,s in months with indies and devs only really having to map controls and…

3,397 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook App

Have an Outlook app and notifications when we get emails

3,189 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Xbox One Gamerpic Editor App

The possibility to create your own unique gamerpic,real life pictures with kinect for good friends or your facebook pic and the chance to download 360 wallpapers and pictures to your one with a small editor maybe to customize-called ,,the xbox pimp my picture app"

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with similar posts from *XenoGlitch, B00ME and WOMBAT33R. Thanks, everyone!]

2,454 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows 10 on Xbox One

Put Windows 10 on the Xbox One.
    Imagine the possibilities... I need not even say any more.
    R.I.P.P.S.4

2,093 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable this Feedback site directly from the Xbox One dashboard

have an app on the xbox one dashboard for this feedback forum whereby posting of feedback and voting for popular feedback posts can take place

1,994 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make an ID@Xbox app

There are many games appearing with the ID@Xbox program, but its hard to keep track of all of them and we end up missing some really interesting stuff.

Would be cool to keep track of everything new its coming to the program, including release dates, descriptions, screenshots, trailers, a favorite tab, and even a "direct link" to the store when the game is released!

That way gamers will be able to get much more informed about the increasing list of new independent developed games, its also a good way to give those developers products more exhibition So please, do it!

1,849 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Xbox E3 Experience At Home

I have always dreamed about going to E3 like many other gamers around the world.

A lot of gamers can't make the trip to Los Angeles for the week of E3 due to financial, health, and many other possible reasons.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could bring the "E3 Experience" to people's homes around the world?

Microsoft, create and app that allows Xbox One gamers to demo Xbox One E3 show floor games at home. So it's like bringing E3 home to Xbox One gamers around the world.

Watching E3 game streams is cool, but I think I can…

1,561 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate Forums into the New Xbox One Experience

With the new upcoming Xbox One Dashboard/Experience, there is a new Community tab.

It would be great to have the Xbox.com forums integrated into the console, so we can reply and post on the forums from our consoles, and use Cortana to type our posts for us!

1,556 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How about a system repair and diagnostic app?

Last night I spent over 3 hours on the phone with a support agent. I was having problems installing a game for the kids. The Xbox was throwing 3 error codes. One was a common issue I found 47 search results for. It would be nice if when an error code pops up it would hyperlink to a description of common reasons for that issue. My issue happened to span from a game trying to be installed that was for a pc apparently. I found it in the game installation place. It wouldn't uninstall by going tother it and pushing…

1,552 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Europe wants more Apps!

In Europe, especially Germany, there are only a few apps available.
    Today i changed my Xbox One to a US console to watch the E3 Briefing, because the german translater was very annoying.

So i took a look at the US Xbox App Store and there were lots of Apps i have never seen at the german store. So please, we are also owners of the Xbox One and we want to have the same service!

1,138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bluray & DVD App Should Be Pre-Installed

Hi guys, just inserted a dvd into the xbox one and it took my wife and I 5 minutes and a Google search to work out how to play a dvd that our 360 did seconds!

Which product idiot came up with the idea of having to download an app, isn't this supposed to be the 'centre' of your home experience !!

Microsoft, bundle the bluray and DVD app as part of the standard Xbox OS for goodness sake and get with the program and start creating a user experience.

945 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Full Camera app

Develop a simple CAMERA-RECORDER App
    +photo
    +video
    +Selective quality/sizes
    +optional: motion detection-or lapse (security or other purposses)
    +DIRECTILY USB-HDD recording (not upload or cloud servce),
    + optative onedrive storage or upload storage.

945 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Xbox Home Automation "Xbox, Lights Off or Xbox, Turn up the Heat" Controls

Partner with companies like Lutron and others to allow me to control lights, heat, shades, alarm system etc. through my xbox. How about security cameras etc.

887 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Antivirus App for Xbox One

xbox on needs antivirus since it is connected to the internet all day

821 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Calendar for Scheduling Gaming Sessions with Friends

have a Calendar that and system where the kinect see the user and tells them what they have Plans they have for The day Or week this way the xbox one with kintic would be more useful and integrated in to the family not just games machine

790 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. App for Donating CPU/GPU Cycles to Cancer & AIDS Research

Please add an app or feature that will allow us to donate spare CPU/GPU cycles to the research of illnesses such as Cancer and AIDs.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3nf75r/are_there_plans_to_let_us_donate_extra_cpugpu/

686 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Twitter App

Add a Twitter app that can be snapped and your feed will update live.

639 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Steam client app to stream games from PC over LAN

Recently Steam has released the hability to stream games from a PC over a local network, so you can have a high end PC for gaming in your office room and be able to play in you living room using a low end PC or tablet executing the Steam client app in slave mode.

It would be very nice that Xbox One will be able to act as a Steam client, so Xbox users could play PC exclusive games.

This way we also will safe a lot of money because you wont have to buy a Steam Machine for your…

619 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base