Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Record the Xbox 360 with GameDVR into Xbox One's TV app.

The Xbox 360 can be plugged into Xbox One with HDMI. Many people, like me, would record some clips form the games of the Xbox 360.

729 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DeathstrokeBill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • z0mbykidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this, I really hope they will eventually do this, i have a switch too and i would love to record some of the games i own on that.

• EvoX0617 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if your playing any backwards compatible xbox 360 title on your xbox one you can capture screenshots and video just like you can with xbox one games

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not harming, since the HDMI in has no capture hardware in line with it, and people will use it to stream pirate tv.

• XxzittaxX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the Xbox one as a capture device so we can records gameplay or twitch stream the games we play on Other consoles (Xbox360 / ps3) using the hdmi in port .

• NyaDC85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the biggest complaints I've had since Twitch was made available for the Xbox One is that you can only stream game content being played directly from the console itself, not from other sources.

The HDMI-in on the Xbox One provides a unique opportunity to function as what could essentially be a capture card for games played on other systems.

For example you could hook up your Xbox 360 or other consoles directly to the Xbox One via HDMI-in, start up Twitch and stream your game content from that other device through the Xbox One.

I don't see any technical or licensing hurtles here whatsoever and I assume it would be as simple as removing some flags in the system code which prevent this from being possible.

• BRUH OK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can record 360 games as you are playing them on the XBone. Trust me, i have tested both the "xbox, record that" and the 5-min recording feature using xbox preview access... and sharing a video of you playing a 360 game really baffles your friends! haha

• MJR Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if this were possible the fact of the matter is, the ability to record gameplay natively requires they have the game publishers permission to do so and for this they would have to have absolutely every publishers permission.

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't work, you can't record the HDMI IN

the stream coming from the antenna adapter is compressed, not raw video, so can be recorded

You can game DVr compatible 360 games

• Tom Lint commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the recent addition of Backwards Compatibility, this is no longer an issue, as long as the game will become available for this purpose. GameDVR and Screenshot functionality are built-in.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base