Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Add Video Resolution Selection option for YouTube please

This will be really useful for both those who have data capped Internet Access and those with unlimited access who will always prefer to stream in HD

5,344 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WiseForce9 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Kelvin Roland. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• FURY ViniRC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

é so usar um aplicativo que baixa da loja que se chama (mytube) nele vc escolher qualquer resolução, ate 60 fps pode de boa e com qualidade no xbox one

• l3Z B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have an xbox one s would like to have the option to take FULL advantage of my 4k tv by choosing my own playback resolution...

• xPuRpLeHaZe010 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jesus it's been how long since people have requested this? & it's a simple request? Just do it Microsoft!!

• tRi Ceej commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like a feature like that considering my internet costs more now and apparently 720p uses the most data. For a while I tried using my T-Mobile hotspot on my phone but it took away my ability to play multiplayer even when I connect back to my home wifi network, so I don't recommend using that method. Anyway, would love this feature considering I fall asleep to YouTube every night. (Which is about 9 hours of 720p which uses up a good majority of my data)

• SlowingZeus5809 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Data plans at India are costly and capped and thus I am never able to enjoy YouTube on the XBox One. I don't know if it's up to Microsoft or Google who has the ability to add this feature.

• Mars Mullo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to reduce my data usage. I used to view more but video users are now using higher quality video. I'm running out of data so would like to reduce the quality a bit.

• bonga90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very good idea my broadband is limited as I can't get fibre optic where I live

• Spiritx19 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this for when I'm streaming cricket and football matches, now my net speed is 10mb but the video Quality is like 144 or 240, please Microsoft just add an option, it won't hurt to just add an option :(

• toFast4Unow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't understand why this was never added, it's something I've wanted since the moment I first watched a video on Xbox.

• Scarl3tPirat3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be really useful especially for those like myself who have an xbox one s and want to change the resolution of videos shot in uhd from the hd it plays in by default to 4k.

• ApartPayload56 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to play video at a better quality and i can't.
    I really don't understand why the app doesn't have that option.

• NobleSaint24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when you're watching a video on the youtube app for xbox one, the video fluctuates between 360p and 720p, i would prefer it if i could control it manually instead of it fluctuating automatically, so that i can have it (and lock it) at 1080p

• goatkingboss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys can u please go vote for upload studio for non gold members only 26 people voted so far and currently anyone without gold can't post gameplay or screenshots on their feed and they also can't save them unless they have gold so they will lose all of it to please go vote it would really help

• SiltyAntelope51 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in a different boat over here. Youtube is sucking all the bandwidth and would like to change settings to lower quality so we can all share our connection.

• Superman New 52 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must. Everything from comments to settings should be here. I am forced to use the edge browser to go to youtube.com to watch anything in hd. All of the full hd advertisements sure waste my broadband though and are always hd, how shady is that?

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base