Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Watch Friend's Game

Steam has started doing this with the ability to select an option in the dropdown on a n online friend and watch their game. There's something about having this built into the system that makes it vastly more appealing to me than the standard ways you can stream/watch currently via Twitch on Xbox One. Simply having it only turn on when someone wants to watch, and having that be just a friend is way more interesting.

I think this would have to include collaboration between Twitch and Microsoft to get this integrated into the system but it could manifest as simply an option along side the Join/Party options for friends and could just trigger a standard twitch broadcast on the host end with the requester being kicked to the hosts twitch broadcast in the twitch app.

Though deeper integration of streaming would be more lovely, I think being within the twitch app with those simple initial options in the system would be enough.

2,897 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DJJoeJoe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Kelvin Roland. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• Ya Boi CrazyX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a good idea, but with services such as Twitch and Mixer I feel as though it may be a little redundant.

• Un Loup Albinos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ask your friend to stream on Mixer and you will be able to watch him and his gameplay while interacting other viewers fun and easy to setup

• Analeigh12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just in a party with my friends and I don't have the game they were playing, this would be great so I can see what they're playing and see what's going on

• PartyWeiner85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It wouldn't be invading the privacy of your friends. You don't automatically get to view because you want to but you'd send a request to watch and the player would approve or reject it. PS4 has the feature but it's not as simple as that. The user streaming has to start sharing and pick a service I think to stream with instead of it being integrated into the system directly to the one user wishing to view your play. I hate it.

• DarkReign2209 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you want to invade the privacy of your online friends? via a screen hacking app....interesting. I mean, twitch isn't hard to use and it does everything you ask without invading peoples privacy.

The technical feat that it would take to basically build a huge social media site inside of a piece of hardware just doesn't seem to be within the reach of Microsoft right now.

I'd much rather them work on other projects then this.

• Kajmus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have used this today. I was home and too ill to play, but would have started a party chat with a friend and watched him play fallout for a bit.

• DBB Klikopedia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft do this they will have straight big problems with a lot of countries as this is a straight break of Privicy Law in many countries and even a break of the Universel Human Rights set up by the UN.

• DBB Klikopedia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really? It's not you to deside if (your supposed friends, as the current followers/friends list is bad) someone streams or not. It's up the the one playing if he wants to stream or not. Some games can't handle streaming and playing online. If you want to watch a friend ask him to turn it on. Further though twitch is impossible as you need to be member of twitch to stream.

• hseeley1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Listen i already know for a fact i have inleast 2 people trying to steal all my xbox1 about 70 digital games and with someone that could be giving him insider info im ***.he blew by telling me how hes doing that right now 2 somone else.he put me on the latest review build by making it soung like it was nothing, Im getting him busted and i have proof.xboxs going to help me and if he didnt get time well lucky me and still unlucky him.When u know someone doing this,ITS YOUR RESPonsibility!!! cya max im o so sick of u since 2007!!

• cart00nstrip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I want someone to watch me game, I will BROADCAST my game - something my X1 is ALREADY capable of doing. Ever heard of privacy?

• SwagShoTx24xKB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is actually one of the coolest ideas i've seen on here. This should def be at least strongly considered MS!

• DIGITALxRABIES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When selecting your friend in the friends app you can select the spectate button and it will stream their game straight to your screen. And maybe they can later integrate a watch now button right next tto the friends gt on the friends menu on xbox home.

• RandomAlec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Party system remains broken to this day so I feel that needs to be fixed before they continue messing with snap apps. This also already exists with Twitch on Xbox One, and is the most "social" way of having people view your game. Just invite your friends over to your place to watch you play I suppose? Or, you can password protect a Twitch broadcast too.

• see N0B0DY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would cause great amounts of lag because of the cpu and ram requierments needed not to mention the internet bandwith and if you have ever played online cod then you know people dont have good internet

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base