Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

4k (Ultra HD) Streaming support for Netflix

I've read several articles that say that Xbox One can handle 4k video. As the owner of a 1st Gen 4k set that can't process the 4k video from Netflix on it's own, I'd love to see Xbox One be the first out of the gate to support this format on consoles.

807 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AstroTravellin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • yaax007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Comparto la idea, es una tonteria, que xbox one sea una consola de nueva generación con la mas alta tecnología y no tenga soporte total en 4k ???? wtf... De verdad arreglen eso. y hagan la compatibilidad con Netflix 4k

• Orunj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Ork Diktator You don't need 60fps for movies. Blu rays and most movies for that matter should be watched in 24p. Most movies are shot at 24 frames per second. Any more frames then that and you just got extra junk. This isn't like games. So there is no need for a "revision". If your tv is able to support 24p enable it for you blu ray movies.

• Ork Diktator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

xbox one (and also ps 4 for the sony fanboys claiming ps 4 will get 4k video streaming) should know that both consoles only have hdmi 1.4 output, what allows 4k oinly in 30fpfs. for 4k video streaming hdmi 2.0 is necessary. so 4k video support only makes sense with a revision of the console. it will likjely happen, but not with the version you have. you will have to buy the next revision of your console. ;)

• BouaGaew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blurays you are talking about are just remastered in 4k with a 1080p resolution!

• sportyx264 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be updated on the Xbox asap. I don't want to hear "there aren't 4k content garbage", Netflix has 4k stuff. Get this done now.

• Yo PUNISHER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also UHD 3D. I hate it that 3D is only enabed on one app, blu-ray. I guess we have to contact Netflix directly

• DocNYz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute must and could be a killer app for many people!

Film is still much higher "res" than 1080p so most films made in history will benefit from 4K. It's *** old TV that won't. Do some research.

• johnnygalvs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Littledoug21, there aren't any 4k Blu-ray Discs yet as the standard was only agreed recently, so they're not expected until late 2015. What is out there at the moment is Mastered in 4K discs, but these will still be 1080p when played.

• littledoug21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can the Xbox one play blue ray in 4k if the movie is a 4k bule Ray disc I went to best buy and the have blue ray disc that are 4k format and I read the back and it said 4k version but I didn want to waist money on a movie if Xbox can't play it to it's full 4k potential

• Frite Assassin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if it is allowed to stream it at 4k almost all media still is not recorded that high. In other words, a 1080 P movie cannot simply improve their quality just because it has an option for 4k.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base