Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Snap Center: Press LB or RB to adjust Volume Balance

The new Snap Center has a "Press X to Record That" prompt, which gave me an idea:

I'd like to be able to adjust the Sound Mixer slider from within the Snap Center by pressing LB and RB.

This will allow users to adjust the volume balance between main and snapped games/apps without having to launch the Settings app.

3,077 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ncsuDuncan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

105 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Kelvin Roland. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make the process easier and faster than what is currently required. It would help to improve the overall experience of the player.

• HoodBoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! There should be quick access to volume mixer while in snap. I would love this. Hurry up, Xbox.

• AdjusT Barney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adjusting the volume of an app (Pandora or media player) in the app, separate of the game volume while its snapped so that you can actually hear the game volume

• fearkilling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to control the main volume from my console maybe you could use the double tap xbox button menu. Something simple would be nice thanks and great job with the updates.

• El3ment 514 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this taking forever to be implemented? I cannot listen to music while playing Rainbow six. I have the snap media player at the lowest level and its still higher than the game.

• AdamE80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even when you adjust volume of snapped app in settings it would be better to have more than 6 volume choices.
    When playing games and playing music on Pandora even when app is set on one bar, the quietest past muted it is still quite loud to the game

• Rkennedy21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome to have a way to change the volume of snapped apps separate to the rest of the console. I usually want to snap a basketball game or some TV to the side while playing a game but I can never get the volume settings correct. Typically the TV snap is significantly louder than the game.

• UvealSeeker5367 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the split screens should have a different volume. I wanted to play a game while my sister wanted to watch tv. It was impossible for me to turn down the volume on the gaming side of the tv, so i think they should make this on a new update

• The Ogre X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have you ever been watching some thing and then something happen in your game you want to hear wouldn't it be nice if you could just turn down the snap volume with out have to go to setting .

• vanila1345 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox can currently change the volume of my speakers using the Kinect, but it's hard to fine tune to get it just right. The volume may shoot up too high or the incremental adjustment is too low and I have to repeat myself over and over. Can we dedicate the d-pad up and down buttons to adjust the volume on all media apps? Any app that plays or streams movies, tv and music?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base