Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Allow A Full Steam App On Xbox One

Since Xbox One is running PC Architecture and the OS is windows based. Why not allow a full steam app on Xbox One? Even if you did something like not allowing any games that are being sold in the Xbox One Marketplace it would be a great way to get older titles on Xbox One.

The PS4 has a great option of playing old PS3 games by streaming. Allowing Steam would add immense value to Xbox One. Xbox One would enjoy its library grow to the 1000,s in months with indies and devs only really having to map controls and install through the app. Devs could quickly move titles in months and push for it to get their game into a new audience.

Microsoft can charge a percentage to valve for games being sold. It would take a lot of give and take from both Microsoft and Valve. But doing this allows valve to get their service in more user hands it also opens up PC vs Xbox One multiplayer through Xbox Live Gold.

Maybe I'm just giving a ton of optimism into something that'll never happen but if Microsoft did this they would gain a lot of respect from all gamers. Have a perfect Trojan horse app for core and PC gamers. Plus would kill off the need for Steam Machines overnight.

3,397 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SAUCED SATURN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

194 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Kelvin Roland. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• MoldyGlobe70411 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

steam er et program hvor der ligger de spil man har købe. Kan man installere steam på sin Xbox så man kan spille med sige venner på steam

• JGCoolfella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially with Xbox one x, and how Microsoft is making games for both Xbox and PC, they should integrate the popular Steam into Xbox somehow, even if it isn't the full PC experience. With the more powerful console, wouldn't it be a great use to support VR, such as VIVE through Steam? Not sure how hard/possible this is for them, but if possible it would give Microsoft huge advantage and better reason for people to buy the new console.

• GrimmCreeper06 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It wouldn't really work you would only be able to play games that have controller support. Plus all it would be is the steam link pretty much. Plus plus valve most likely wouldn't like the idea as they have made many mistakes in the past like this (such as the steam link) and they probably wouldn't want to screw up again.

• Citizen Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would buy an xbox one x over building another PC if i could play my existing SteM collection on the console.

• SAUCED SATURN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People giving me Soda comparisons is slow. It's more like having a smart phone and allowing other sellers on your marketplace which does happen. You have an iPhone or Android, PC or Mac you can choose what marketplace to tap into for games, music and other media. Again I'm just being forward thinking and if you feel as if Microsoft and Xbox is providing flexible service be forward thinking and unblock the restrictions like this.

My steam library is pretty enormous on my PC. I'm going to buy the game irregardless whether it come out on Xbox One, PS4 or PC. Microsoft would be better off enabling a feature and getting more of my money making me never leave the windows ecosystem. I'd rather play on my TV don't want the input lag of streaming and I'm not moving my computer from my studio.

Yeah I can build another but Id rather just buy another Xbox over buying another PC.

• Marchedfoil3052 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there will be to many hackers if this happens and we are getting soon xbox game pass witch will be like PSnow

• Darth4212 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a neat idea in theory but in practice it'll just be a very very horrible mistake. (So basically Communism)

• Darth4212 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you a wanting a business (Microsoft) to allow their competitor (Steam/Valve/Whatever) to be allowed to sell THEIR games on Microsoft's system? That makes about as much sense as Coca-Cola allowing Pepsi to sell their products out a Coke machine. If they were to do this they might as well advertise and sell Playstation and Nintendo games too, it's just not a good buisness decision, and it really has nothing to do with Microsoft being stingy it is just how buisness in the real world works and it's just how it works. Also while the Xbox One may run on a PC architecture it is not a full fledged PC so then you run into problems with the Xbox One's capabilities and end up with people being dumb and running something so intensive that their console melts/catches fire/explodes/causes a power surge so huge that the wiring in their house catches on fire and their house burns down, and then both Microsoft and Valve run into liability issues. And also just because the Xbox One has a modified PC architecture doesn't mean it can run PC games, why do you think that not all games that are made for PC are available on the Xbox One cause believe me if that was possible you bet yourself that companies would be doing that.

PS: I think you may either have a mental disability or a brain tumor I recommend seeking medical attention immediately.

PPS: Just buy a friggin' PC if you want to play PC games so much.

• MAJOIR TOM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the idea of a steam app being able to download steam games on my xbox with the possibility of playing online with xbox users and pc users considering I have already spent a lot of money on xbox I can't afford to also buy a gaming pc let alone the possibility of that pc not being to run certain games because my graphics card can't handle it then have to pay more money to upgrade it ....the average pc gamer spends up to £1,000 minimum on a basic gaming pc and then more over a period of time, a steam app would bring the gaming community closer maybe even playstation users on the same network more players more gaming..

• PhoenixFlight79 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if this could be done through HDMI and USB 3.0 cables??? The idea would be to use the Xbox one GPU to display the video to TV and the controller as input device to the PC with all the information being processed in conjunction between the PC and the Xbox one?

Before necessary programming is taken into consideration it stands to reason that with many of the hardware technologies being of similar and shared architecture that this is achievable.

Basic flow idea of the HDMI portion... out from pc in to xbox one, then out again back into the pc, and finally out of the pc into the tv from there.

The idea behind this is to allow for the average consumer ( no technical expertise ) to physically connect the devices through cables and use the combined processing power of their console and pc.

• brandmeister133 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a full steam app makes no sense, but at least Streaming from your Windows PC to Xbox should be no problem. I have no idea why Microsoft just offers the other way around. Even with new "Play Everywhere" feature this should work in both ways.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base