Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

BluRay Title Card On Dashboard

When a BluRay Disc in in the drive the BluRay app Shows up, it would be better if it would just show the Title of the movie and maybe the cover art/stock art for the movie. The title and image could be pulled from the disc itself or from Xbox Video. This feature would make it easier to tell what disc is in the drive if it's a BluRay. This could also possibly be extended to dvds.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by chcolatesnw. Thanks everyone!]

3,991 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chrono32123 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Kelvin Roland. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• RSebire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes agreed. Totally looks way cooler like that.
    Bring back title cards please....

• goatkingboss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys can u please go vote for upload studio for non gold members only 26 people voted so far and currently anyone without gold can't post gameplay or screenshots on their feed and they also can't save them unless they have gold so they will lose all of it to please go vote it would really help

• TwilightXAngel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This! I've missed this on both the PS4 and XB1. I like seeing the title card when I had a disc in the console.

• ACraftyApe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be even more awesome if there was a Blu Ray database app that tracks which blu-rays you've watched and tracks your collection.

• dannyboy11122 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should rename the Blu-ray player to Movie player, because the player also plays dvds. Or even disc player.

• FirstClaes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Atleast it doesn't need to have the BR-icon on the recent apps "list", when its always in the right corner anyway

• Garfunk Grin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature - we use our XB1 as our media center and I hate that I don't know what is in there if its not a game.

Also, please consider letting blu ray discs resume playback when the user returns to dashboard or resumes from sleep!

• FINALDEATH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why they decided to show the bland bluray icon when putting in blurays is beyond lazy, especially when the icons and name of the movie are already right there on the disc in a format that is perfectly readable on pc and other bluray players like the ps3. For a one stop shop for all your media, they really got lazy on soooooooo many aspects of media, if it doesn't involve cable tv (which is nearly out the door completely at this point with countless people including myself who abandoned it years ago) they don't care for it.

• Matthew M G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like this as well--have the Blu-Ray tile image replaced with that of the movie that's in the drive. Would make a lot of sense, and puts it on par with the competition (e.g. PS3, PS4).

• seigneur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

remove the tiles completly.nobody likes them.those that do have been fired...hehe

• SikSlayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You already have a database for this for DVDs in Windows, that could be expanded for this.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base