Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Update the resolution and frame rate for the Game DVR

If possible, the resolution and frame rate for the Game DVR needs to be increased, as more and more games will begin to use higher specs than the 720p and 30fps of the DVR.

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with a similar idea posted by Nile528. Thanks everyone!]

3,160 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SleekSpitfire97 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SwampySix278226 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well i wanted 10-15 fps and 720 XD (recording speed painting and DVR dont use so much CPU as other program so it would be realy hellpfull)

• Coldlight39 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been resolved? I see people saying 1080P now but 30FPS. However when I upload to youtube it's still 720P 30FPS. Thanks for the update if anyone responds.

• gromit73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not only the DVR but the Upload Studio itself which can be used to edit the videos lacks even more of quality. It is worse than the DVR material itself. This is absolutely useless! I cannot believe these issues aber more than 2 years old and still an issue!

• DR ZombrAH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please for the love of God get around to updating the game DVR and upload studio to make them more streamline. Currently they remind me of a college student first attempt at an app for the general public. You're Microsoft, make this app look like it's actually a finished product. It's insane that all the videos and pictures must be reloaded just to "manage" multiple videos/photos. And why does upload studio even exist? They should be one app. Switching between apps to trim and then delete the longer version is archaic.

• Oro Sphynx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get a makeover fr the Game DVR and Upload Studio Editor in general? ESPECIALLY THE EDITOR! A way to Import a song to the clips / montages created (people already just hold their microphone up to a music source and record it onto their clips anyways so dont give me that BS about copyright) More intros / Outros? Different transitions. Better "add text" features, atleast different fonts?? come one microsoft... you can do wayyy better

• g34567891011 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a PS4 which has decent quality videos and 15 minute record times with share play. Then I get an Xbox One and the quality is terrible, and it can only record up to 30 seconds.I won't be using it for uploading videos on my channel

• Resiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a way for both xbox one and pc where you can record in 1080p 60fps and to even raise the bar have a built in dvr which is similar to the elgato where you can record as far back as you want and even record for as long as you want instead of the capped 5mins i think it is now or the last 30 seconds. The main points: Record in 1080p 60fps for both xbox and pc and have a built in full dvr system.

• Isaiah12Ruffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got the new update and one of the update allows you to watch clips in fullscreen. It was great but the quality is low and I want it to be high.

• The V i P 23 HD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

upload studio needs an up-res, the videos look nasty and choppy looking. that app needs some work right now!

• AliceAlex25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More options and fullscreen fix please! Really nice programm, but bug with desyncronization....

• AliceAlex25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Do options which changes From Variable FPS to Stable FPS, please! I have problem : desynchronization of audio and video. It's can be fixed in future?

• Madmaniakid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thjey just need to increase the bit-rate it's a measely 4kb that's why it looks so blurry and lack details, please up the bit-rate to give us clearer recordings

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base