Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Replace non-standard keyboards like YouTube/Netflix with the Xbox on-screen keyboard

Redesign the typing system on Youtube and Netflix. Make it like the way you would type to send a message. This would make typing faster

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with similar posts from Jean Choukroun* and XeneoWho+. Thanks, everyone!]

[Mod edit: The title of this post was changed from "Redesign the typing system on apps like Youtube/Netflix."]

[Mod edit: This idea suggests creating on-screen keyboard uniformity across a number of apps, with Netflix and YouTube acting as primary examples.]

5,683 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NDoubleS10 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Kelvin Roland. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• PersonalChip986 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: blankatmcards01@gmail.com

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $550 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $3,550 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $7,800 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: blankatmcards01@gmail.com

• o47x Killshot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both netflix and youtube app on phones have a companion you can tell it what to play from your phone guys chill the xb1 keyboard is already laggy

• Jayrod640 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This isn't completely a problem for me since apps such as YouTube, Netflix, and Twitch all support the chatpad, but other apps like Hulu don't support it all, forcing you use their *** and often unresponsive keyboard.

• Ackis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take a look at how the steam box does keyboard input with a controller.

• CR4SHED commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most, if not all modern OS's use a universal keyboard... why wouldn't Xbox?

• Bob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently I have began to use Netflix and annoyed the keyboard which is difficult to type... I will recommend this service to my friends if it replace the keyboard to the standard one.

• CivilProgrammer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to use the xbox smartglass app to type in what you would like to search for. Using the controller with the text ribbon takes forever!

• Gixxer17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed so i can use the keyboard on my Smartglass app, since typing with controller is horrificly slow

• usmcdi1833 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a way to control YouTube/Netflix etc. without having to snap back and forth from game to YouTube, I should be snapped but it can be controlled with a keyboard while your still playing your game

• DIDBOX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do the XBOX One keyboard as default in all applications they need to use keyboard. Because XBOX One keyboard is great, but Youtube and others are smoothless and slow.

• Liakhim Xbox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely yes! Twitch/Crackle/YouTube/Netflix keyboards are horrendous! It's not Microsoft fault developers don't put a lot of effort in Xbox apps, but Microsoft should push developers to use Xbox One solutions.

• TwilightXAngel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I pray this happens. I hate typing using their keyboards and would much rather use the the xbox one screen keyboard.

• AtomicVariable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@DevouringLukeG that may not be a Microsoft thing, but certainly Microsoft quality tests and approves all apps on their marketplace. Further, they could make suggestions to the devs of the apps (Netflix, WWE for example) of better system feature integration into their apps to help make a polished product all around. So while it's not a Microsoft thing, that's still not a good excuse.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base