Suggest new apps, app features or changes here.

Bring IE11 to Xbox One

402 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TDU StylezTDU Stylez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • skowronkowskowronkow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having IE11 on XBOX One would be very useful for me (with multiplatform development in mind)

• FingleberriesFingleberries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having IE 11 would be much better as it has a far better synching of Favourites and browsing history between other Windows devices (such as Win 8.1 update 1 and Windows Phone 8).

Bringing that same consistent functionality to Xbox One would be a great boost and make the ecosystem feel more cohesive.

• KALIMALKALIMAL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All modern versions prior to IE 11 are subpar. Infact the xbox 1 should have had the same update path as the Windows 8.1 versions of IE. This delay is unacceptable and I suspect it has not been prioritized because Microsoft is too busy backing in DLNA blocking in the Xbox 1. It has a browser it should be able to play all media types from local storage and should not need anything special to do it.

• TDU StylezTDU Stylez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is why
    IE10 - 335 out of 555
    IE11 - 376 out of 555

IE11 provides better support with features like

- better elements support
    - better location and orientation support
    - better output support
    - slightly better video support
    - better support for 2D graphics
    - WebGL & 2 3D graphics support

The comparison http://html5test.com/compare/browser/ie-11/ie-10.html

Upgrading IE10 to IE11 will make the Xbox One internet browser better than the PS4 web browser

PS4 HTML 5 test score is 354 out of 555

• Anci3ntApp1eAnci3ntApp1e commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reddit brought me here. You should give a little background on what IE11 brings for those people that randomly come across this.

• TheBdude1TheBdude1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a welcome feature, as the current IE is quite sluggish and I know 11 is a lot better in terms of speed.

• dvnrvndvnrvn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I am prototyping an HTML5/JS game and the browser on the X1 is just lacking on performance and features.

Feedback and Knowledge Base