Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MOM DA BEAST shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fionncroke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search 'Internet Browser Pro' in the Xbox store. Fantastic app. It lets you download files which can then be organized with the file explorer app, plus it lets you copy and paste text, unlike Edge. You can even set wallpapers directly with it. And best of all, no more Bing. (It lets you change the default search engine.)

• DubSound commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are other browsers on the console for you to use. However I don't believe you will find Chrome or Firefox. It will be up to those developers to actually make a UWP version and push it to console. What is needed more is a better default app manager. Some apps take control over web links so being able to force a default weblink handler that would be great.

• Lukas Taves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is at least one other browser on Xbone, one that supports downloads even. (It's called Internet Browser I think).

Chrome and Firefox would be nice as well, but xbox uses a specific development platform and it would take the creators of those browsers to create a version that uses that platform. But if they ever do you would be able to download it with everything that's already in place :P

• Dayanny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

de que vale ter ideia e nao ser ouvido,a tempos pedimos Google Chrome e ate agora nada.

• AKT8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding OneDrive support to the wallpaper selection would be the simple and obvious thing to do but no-one at Xbox seems to be paying attention to that area of the UI.

Alternative web browsers aren't really possible, the UWP API that apps are built on it very limited and the most you could get are skins of the Edge browser.

• M3tal Daz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a good idea yet it should be an issue with copyrights somewhere in there

• THE8IGKILLER1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you ***? Microsoft aren't stopping people from developing apps for the xbox.
    Its up to google to make a port for the xbox.

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Web browsers are giant security problems, and no, they're not going to let google mine your web activity instead of them.

• Drakken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course NOT! Never ever let that snake browser in house! Please. Don't ... flagged!

• Chronexxis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edge is worthless crap. It's like Windows ME put into a web browser. 30 seconds in it takes a crap and back to the home screen. Give it up *Microsoft let us install a real and stable browser on our Xbox one.

• Barrak Brobama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft edge is litterally useless. Why would I buy an Xbox if it can even have a decent browser to go on. Interenet Explorer is already crap. Put google chrome as an app. Now that's a browser. Plus Microsoft edge shouldn't be an app. It should be a full fledged addition to xbox. I can go buy a PC and I won have this problem. Xbox get your *** together. A simple browser would be nice to have on the Xbox One. A browser that can't even support the stream for the windows 10 event is pathetic. You expect us to honestly believe that you tried making the Microsoft edge better? It's always been awful. Fix it or don't bother having it as a feature. Quality over quantity. It's like buying 3 broken computers and saying, " well at least I got three computers". No you got an app that doesn't even run the way it should.

• jtslater1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a P.O.S.!!! Edge is garbage!!! Long past due fixing it, what's the hold up? Do y'all genuinely not care?

• FanaticWolf1609 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

microsoft edge on Xbox one S is garbage it closes everytime something is streamed, while watching it closes and goes to home screen...a problem that has been going on since 2015?! why did i spend $400 on this junk? im seriously going to sell it and get a playstation, bought a console in jan 2017 after many years thinking it will be useful for my home theater system/gaming but definitely regret it. Ppl i know are ready to do the same they are hating the browser issue

• Kyle fer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, the popups that get through on Microsoft Edge show me very vulgar things without any filter whatsoever, stuff I have no intention of seeing, we need a browser with a better safe filter.

• Desecrator 7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesterday I was trying to check my Rainbow 6 Siege stats on the game's website with Edge on the Xbox One and I was unsuccessful because the wouldn't let me scroll to the bottom of the menu to select my profile. Super annoying. Give us a choice of browser.

• aalqouzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need alternative option over Edge. I have to say Edge is not that satisfing browser in XB1

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base