Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Please allow the ability to disable auto-recording of game clips

Title says it all. It creates a lot of movie files that have to be manually deleted. Sports games especially such as Fifa, and Ryse multiplayer seem to make auto-recorded game clips frequently. Currently the only way to disable this option is to disable Game DVR all togehter. An option to disable just the auto-record feature would be fantastic.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by SnakeX and M4giX 312. Thanks everyone!]

9,571 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Snoogans2you shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

359 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Afflictionaut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disable auto clip recording, while maintaining the ability to manually record clips.

It's that simple...

• CallingApollo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature, you can disable automatic upload from captures from games but i don't see this option in preferences yet to disable auto-recording.

• Only4givenOnce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

auto record every two seconds and double recording on warframe is pissing me off. should be a option to disable. agreed.

• VjOnItGood81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the auto-recording feature. It's a big hassle trying to record something perfect by yourself and it still doesn't turn out right. I wish there could be recommended second/minute recordings for games.

• Red Frog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, this is not in the settings. Maybe there's an option in a preview build or something, but as of right this second that I'm typing this on OS version 10.0.15063.2019 there is no option to disable the automatic saving of captures. The only settings are "Allow broadcasts and game captures" "Allow Play To streaming" ""Record That" records" "Allow game streaming to other devices" and "Automatically UPLOAD" (not what this is about). There is no option to disable games automatically saving captures that does not involve disabling the DVR entirely, I know this as absolutely irrefutable fact because I'm looking at the settings screen right now. http://i.imgur.com/v06ddIA.jpg

• Jayrod640 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I hate when a game randomly records a clip all because I got an achievement. That should be in my control, not the game's.

• TomzgamesYT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When my cousin comes over all he plays is gta v and he causes hundreds of clips to record

• xJohn0090x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this... for all the new people voting and commenting... it's under your DVR settings... been there for quite some time now

• PrinceRevivalDK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ATTENTION PLEASE.

could people here please support this even though that you maybe dont need it for yourself.
    but there may be ALOT of people like myself that really needs it, regarding transfering old save games from a old profile into the new profiles, all i am asking is people to hit the vote, it only takes you a few seconds, im begging you, i dont wanna start my games all over, maybe a couple of games, but there are games where raiding is a *** seriously. so please help me make xbox live notice this.
    i am begging you.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/17333713--xbox-one-in-game-feature-to-transfer-save-game-b

• DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, or at least lower the ability of the recording.

Add the ability (maybe a 30 second window) with a notification "Would you like to record that", with a yes / no option if you have a mic or Kinect.

• matthewiag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this feature need to be added. Some game use this and the clips are not that good

• Devastation3697 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree to this and it is explained rather perfectly. I would certainly appreciate this update!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base