Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Weather App

There should be a weather app for Xbox One. Should be able to add to a tile and quickly see an icon that shows Sun, Cloudy, Stormy, Etc. And the temperature. If you click on the app it would then give you a more detailed view and if you wanted to you could look up weather in different areas.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a handful of similar ideas, which also included suggestions for a news app/ticker and severe weather alerts. Thanks everyone!]

3,792 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HARD2theGrove shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) responded  · 

You can now find the Weather app on the Xbox Store. Once installed, the Weather app will determine your location and allow you to set multiple locations for easy access.

62 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AvidG4mer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Weather APP on my XBOX One doesn't actually pull up weather. It just pulls up a screen that says "Coming soon to Xbox One". I am in Eastern Tennessee. Why offer to let us download an app that we can't even use??? This is ridiculous.

• CountryBoy3142 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great idea I always unplug my console during thunderstorms so It would be nice to get an alert while playing a game,

• goatkingboss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys can u please go vote for upload studio for non gold members only 26 people voted so far and currently anyone without gold can't post gameplay or screenshots on their feed and they also can't save them unless they have gold so they will lose all of it to please go vote it would really help

• TurnoverComet73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best Weather Live with Widgets Full v4.3 build 97 apk Needs: Can vary having unit Introduction: Match Weather Stay. A variety of attractive proceed app. Previously. Don’t allow undesirable proceed take most of us through amaze! http://goo.gl/y9KsNF

• FuneralBow1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want this so i can get alerts on my weather situation or if somthing is severe happening around my area please get this

• Lukin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon guys! ;)
    This should be easy to implement, and very useful to use.
    Make it happen, please?

• bloodboy777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MSN Weather app; great app accurate data 89% of the time, (others are fairly inaccurate) This would definitely make my life a lot easier.

• dbowker3d commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like an obvious idea to integrate. Both Windows 8 and 10 have great Weather Apps built in and it'd be great to have that added to XB1.

• Astartes82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pop up alerts, like when you get a msg or party invite, would be a good option. Set zip code in app and get severe weather alerts and closings while gaming or watching video, hold down button to see alert details . Seems like it could be simple enough to implement if agreement could be reached with weather.com or another system with emergency alert system access. Seems like a feature that especially parents could appreciate.

• DoctorGames101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Xbox One definitely needs to get an application on Xbox One call Weather Nation. This app can track weather in a locally, regionally, and nationally. I hope Microsoft can do this by beginning of next year. Thank you.

• SimmyDizzle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Wii did have a weather app. I checked it every morning before work. When they stopped that feature I stopped using my Wii.

A feature like this is important for people who use their console for more than just games. For me my x1 is always online. So this is an amazing idea. And I'd love to see it. Or a clone of the old Wii weather system :P

• JackBauer745 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Weather Channel was suppose to come to the 360 a couple of years ago. No idea what happened to that. But a cool idea would be like The Weather Channel or Accuweather and you can get a notification on your console while watching TV or playing a game if an alert is issued in your area. Like if a Tornado Warning was issued, Flash Flood Warning, or a Blizzard Warning... etc.

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base