Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

Media Extender

Live tv is great but some of us actually use a Microsoft product for our live and recorded tv needs. The xbox 360 was the best media center extender but we want it on the xbox one also. Please give us media center extender capabilities

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by getsomesean. Thanks everyone!]

3,930 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

gljvd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

247 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CleanlyRabbit55 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from Kelvin Roland. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,300 daily. I got it from him last week and now I have $16,500 for free for just a week. The blank ATM CARD withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on. I am really happy i met Kelvin Roland because i met two people before him and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Kelvin Roland sent the card through DHL and i got it
    in two days. Get your own card from him now he is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card, he is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Kelvin Roland because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries except Philippines and Mali. Kelvin Roland email address is kelvinroland.blankatm@outlook.com!

• Solid Cobra1393 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also make the Media player app have enhanced features like it did for the 360 like language selection & aspect ratio options plus subtitles, plz release an update to the current media player for thee X1, c'mon *Microsoft you're slipping

• nuttinhere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am yet another disappointed long time MSFT customer (since the 1980's) because there is no WMC Extender support in XOBX one. My living room is so close to complete ...

• DavidinCT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft, if you can emulate games, you can emulate the Windows Media Center Extender plugin. I have a spare Xbox one that I am just going to sell off because I cant use it for what I use for TV around the house.

Make this happen, give us this option in to store just to add it on IF we want it.... COME ON YOU CAN DO THIS !

• MNCabinGal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two Xbox 360s and won't upgrade them until/unless the media extender functionality is available. I hate to miss out on new names, but we use the extender functionality all the time and I don't need two consoles! Please make this available; I would pay for it as an app.

• zowie abc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought an Xbox One. Will send it back because of WMC Extender support. I am absolutely suprised that this was dropped. I didn't even looked into the specs, because I never thought that this could be removed.

I am really wondering what Microsoft is going to sell in the future. Homeserver: Dead, Media Center: Dead. Mobile Phones: Dead. If MS constantly devalues the customers investments in technology, they should not expect any loyalty.

Come on Microsoft, this costs you near to nothing and will have a very positive effect on your customer base and your reputation as a company with long term support for your products.

• OhStFan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there is anyone still listening to this topic, this is the one thing keeping me from buying multiple XBOX One units in my house. If Windows 10 would support Media Center and XBOX One would add Media Center Extender support, I (and many thousands of others) would be eternally grateful.

• BaronUnderbheit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that backwards compatibility exists now should make this very simple to add an app for media center extender that was inherent to the xbox 360.

• goatkingboss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys can u please go vote for upload studio for non gold members only 26 people voted so far and currently anyone without gold can't post gameplay or screenshots on their feed and they also can't save them unless they have gold so they will lose all of it to please go vote it would really help

• Chuckiedez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have not bought the Xbox One due to the lack of media center extender support.

At this point I've debated changing over to the Sony PS4 because Microsoft has left their Media Center community out to dry. Buying an Xbox One requires all new controllers and accessories.

If I have to make that investment, currently the Xbox One does not have enough to win me over. Windows Media Center Extender would make up that difference.

• Kleesman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sell more Xbox One's = bring back the Media Center extender app for legacy users! (You are missing out on revenue to the households who don't use the xbox solely as a game console! These are the users who have 2-4 xbox's simply to watch tv. Why would you not want to capture that market??) It is simply an already developed and supported(ish) app. Microsoft already migrated all Media Center EPG content to Rovi which is what Xbox One uses too....What is it to Microsoft to simply put the RDP type app on Xbox One? While you are at it bring it back to Windows 10. Sell it as a separate app if you have to! Let the customer decide what they want to use! If and when Microsoft gets the functionality to Xbox One that Media Center gave us then I will migrate to that!

• KevinRush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add "Extender" functionality to the XBox One through XBox 360 emulation and add Windows Media Center to Windows 10.

We need a solution for CableCard users! Please work with Ceton. Ceton supports Windows Media Center better than Microsoft does.

• TBoneSF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You still don't have a solution for CableCard users. Either allow a company like Ceton to make a Media Extender app for the Xbox One, make one yourself, or allow the Media Center Extender app to run via 360 emulation. I also have a couple of machines (one for myself, one for my parents) that are not going to be updated to Windows 10 until there is a Media Center replacement that handles CableCards.

• WebbieGareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm another person also not upgrading my HTPC to Windows 10 due to lack of WMC and MCE support (I use five 360's around the house as extenders). In Australia we mostly don't have unlimited internet, so we don't all have online streaming TV. Most of use still use Over-The-Air TV, so WMC was perfect for that.

Sure, WMC is retired.... so please, make a new version of WMC for Windows 10 and a new MCE for Xbox One! Give it live TV support, multiple tuner support (WMC supported 4 tuners out of the box), and even better, give it the ability to control Netflix, Hulu etc!

MS has the ability to make a Plex killer here, but they seem to not have any interest...

• Sparky134A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Bring mce to the one and please bring windows media center to windows 10 or i'll be forced to stay windows 8.1 indefinatly. With a pc and 2 cable cards for a total of 6 tuners and 7 xb360's most are used as cable box/dvr its the best value after the investment in the equipment is surpassed by what monthly rental would cost, my 7 xbox tuners vs renting 7 from the cable co. Would be like $9.99 each for hd and dvr would be $69.93 extra on my bill. Thats $839.16 per year in box rental. I've rocked this setup for years going back to windows 7 so ive gotten my moneys worth however i'm also fortunate none of the equipment has failed, i'd pay for wmc on 10 if it were available for purchase like it was on 8&8.1

• Sparky134A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Media center extender for the xb1 either on its own or with the 360 emulator so its finally possible to watch television on it when cable cards with a pc that runs windows 8.1 featuring media center are used, it works great on the 360s and not having cable boxes just 360s(7 of themmwith 6 tuners available) hdmi pasthroug is redundant.

• Autobott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing stopping me from getting XBONE is lack of MCE - add it to XB1 and back to Win10!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base