Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to Remove Mixer

Not that anything will ever happen, but I want a option to remove this crap you guys call mixer. I do not stream nor do I watch streamers.
    I play video games, Now I have another useless tab that was forced onto me without a way to get rid of it.
    stop forcing these gimicks onto people that have no use of them.

Make them downloadable apps so if people want them they can download them at their hearts content.

431 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitch Broadcasting as an Option in the Xbox Guide

In the preview update there is a dedicated icon for broadcasting (above the settings icon) but it only has the new 'Beam' app while Twitch can't even be snapped without loading the full app. Is it possible to make an option to use Twitch instead.

308 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DirecTV Now streaming app (NEW)

Please add the just released (30 Nov 16) 'DirectTV Now' streaming app. This new app is one of the new 'skinny bundle' OTT 'cord cutter' apps to bring a form of cable TV over the internet. Similar to Sling TV and Playstation Vue. (DirecTV Now has nothing to do with the satellite TV service by the same company) It would be nice to use this within the XBox interface instead of having to turn to Apple TV or other devices.

465 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kodi

Kodi on Xbox one.

359 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. YouTube as Background Music

Sims background music has finally came it could be a lot more nicer for YouTube to be part of the background music program (you can use YouTube without snap and it could be a lot more easier if you connected your phone to the Xbox One)

761 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Audio Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Emulator Apps on Xbox One

so with the release of the UWP, it should be allowed to run emulators on an xbox one, there is already an app in development for xbox one called NESbox, please let devs release emulators for free because this would be absolutely amazing to see.

485 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Share Clips Directly to Facebook

Hi you should be able to share your game clips from your xbox to Facebook it gives you the option to share to twitter but not Facebook can we please make this happen many thanks .

249 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. UWP Health & Fitness App

A new UWP Health & Fitness App to replace Xbox Fitness

1. Create Your Own Personalized Profile (Simple design like Google fit and your Shape Fitness Evolved)
    * Browse Workouts For Your Desired Body Type
    2. Fitness tracking (Kinect, Microsoft Band, Android Watches, Smartphones)
    3. Explore Popular Diets That Fit Your Personality
    * Create Your Own Diet
    * Look Out Specific Foods (Recipies for healthy eating)
    4. Browse and Create personal playlists from youtube videos
    5. Synchronise data with the Microsoft Health platform
    6. In-workout challenges and achievements

142 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Netflix Voice Commands

Reinstate this functionality! I can no longer use Netflix hands free with my voice while I am in the kitchen prepping food or doing other activities. I love that my Xbox was also an entertainment system but now I must use a controller to navigate around it. I fear that Voice commands don't work in a UWP application which means Groove Music will lose that feature in its new release.

Therefore we should allow Voice Commands (GREEN LETTERS IN XBOX) UWP applications and make them first class in all UWP apps that Microsoft releases.

238 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Discord for Xbox One

Discord, a social gaming service, is one of the best to have around. It's safer than Skype and TeamSpeak, it's free, and you could interact with gamers across the world via PC and mobile. Now, I would like to bring Discord to Xbox One with the same features but with new added Xbox One features like snapping, etc.

333 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve Twitch Streaming at Lower Bitrates

On ps4 people who have low upload speeds can stream on twitch without the video breaking, on xbox one on the other hand the video has very low quality and the image is breaking. In Greece (among other countries) the average upload speed is between 0.4 to 0.8 Mbps and people can stream just fine on ps4 but on xbox one the image is terrible. Fix it.

142 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to Download Netflix Shows and Movies

Ability to record stuff on netflix with DVR and stuff recorded goes in TV DVR

180 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BT Sport App for Xbox One.

Please bring the BT Sport App to Xbox One so i can watch sports live via the Xbox.

137 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PlayStation Vue Support

Include PlayStation Vue in the OneGuide, along with the app.

Other platforms, such as Roku and iOS, already include it. In addition, you allow for all other TV providers.

This would extend Xbox options for cord cutters. Thank you.

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Google Play Apps

Let us be able to download apps like google play music and google play movies. Then we can play those apps on our xbox one. For example if we have already own music and movies we could then play that content on our xbox one after signing in. Just like any other app that we already use on xbox one.

193 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. DirecTV app

I want to have the same DirecTV app as in android so if i want to take my xbox with me. I can bring. My satellite without hookup my hd dvr genie

138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. An app for voting for backward compatible titles

Now that we can vote for which games become backwards compatible, it'd be really nice to be able to do that from our Xbox ones dashboard, plus it'd give a lot more numbers to use for the consideration of adding a game.

4,298 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Media Player App - Flag Media as watched/unwatched/in progress

Once I have watched a file on media player from my external drive I want it to be marked as watched so I can keep track of what I have watched, where I am up to in a series etc.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Movies & TV, Media Player and Groove  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Kik on Xbox One

With Kik, we can connect with our friends better and allows us to chat with bots. Plz add this app.

112 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bluray & DVD App Should Be Pre-Installed

Hi guys, just inserted a dvd into the xbox one and it took my wife and I 5 minutes and a Google search to work out how to play a dvd that our 360 did seconds!

Which product idiot came up with the idea of having to download an app, isn't this supposed to be the 'centre' of your home experience !!

Microsoft, bundle the bluray and DVD app as part of the standard Xbox OS for goodness sake and get with the program and start creating a user experience.

945 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base