Apps

Here you can find ideas relating to apps that run on Xbox consoles. You can search for new features or changes to an existing feature within an app, or find requests a whole new app. This forum is for any app you open on your console, including system apps like Game DVR and Xbox Accessories, as well as apps like Twitch or Hulu Plus.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Apps forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for new Xbox One apps, app features or requested changes here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Xbox Rewards App or Access on Xbox One Console

I know personally I hate having to go to the xbox rewards site to claim my rewards or check how i'm doing, have an app on the xbox one which has a friendly user interface and simple to use! You can withdraw your Xbox Rewards points straight from your XB1!

10,868 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

125 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Spartan (Edge) for Xbox One with Flash Player and Silverlight

This is ridiculous that they have not touched internet explorer on Xbox one since launch. They better bring Spartan to Xbox One and make so it has flash player and Silverlight!!!

10,698 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

360 comments  ·  Browsers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow the ability to disable auto-recording of game clips

Title says it all. It creates a lot of movie files that have to be manually deleted. Sports games especially such as Fifa, and Ryse multiplayer seem to make auto-recorded game clips frequently. Currently the only way to disable this option is to disable Game DVR all togehter. An option to disable just the auto-record feature would be fantastic.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by SnakeX and M4giX 312. Thanks everyone!]

9,562 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

360 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Netflix party mode

Several years ago there was an amazing feature for netflix... Party mode. This feature was torn from our grasp without notice and left a void in my heart that only it could fill back up. Please bring it back.

9,111 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

499 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 60FPS and 1080p/4k support on YouTube for Xbox One

60FPS and 1080p/4k support on YouTube for Xbox

7,206 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

139 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Replace non-standard keyboards like YouTube/Netflix with the Xbox on-screen keyboard

Redesign the typing system on Youtube and Netflix. Make it like the way you would type to send a message. This would make typing faster

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with similar posts from Jean Choukroun* and XeneoWho+. Thanks, everyone!]

[Mod edit: The title of this post was changed from "Redesign the typing system on apps like Youtube/Netflix."]

[Mod edit: This idea suggests creating on-screen keyboard uniformity across a number of apps, with Netflix and YouTube acting as primary examples.]

5,683 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Video Resolution Selection option for YouTube please

This will be really useful for both those who have data capped Internet Access and those with unlimited access who will always prefer to stream in HD

5,347 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use images from OneDrive app as background

The new background update is great but not being able to use pictures from OneDrive seems like a big oversight, especially for those without a DLNA server.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with similar posts from +KM1TCH and Brumheh. Thanks, everyone!]

5,035 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

149 comments  ·  Other App Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. An app for voting for backward compatible titles

Now that we can vote for which games become backwards compatible, it'd be really nice to be able to do that from our Xbox ones dashboard, plus it'd give a lot more numbers to use for the consideration of adding a game.

4,293 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BluRay Title Card On Dashboard

When a BluRay Disc in in the drive the BluRay app Shows up, it would be better if it would just show the Title of the movie and maybe the cover art/stock art for the movie. The title and image could be pulled from the disc itself or from Xbox Video. This feature would make it easier to tell what disc is in the drive if it's a BluRay. This could also possibly be extended to dvds.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by chcolatesnw. Thanks everyone!]

3,991 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Media Extender

Live tv is great but some of us actually use a Microsoft product for our live and recorded tv needs. The xbox 360 was the best media center extender but we want it on the xbox one also. Please give us media center extender capabilities

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by getsomesean. Thanks everyone!]

3,930 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow A Full Steam App On Xbox One

Since Xbox One is running PC Architecture and the OS is windows based. Why not allow a full steam app on Xbox One? Even if you did something like not allowing any games that are being sold in the Xbox One Marketplace it would be a great way to get older titles on Xbox One.

The PS4 has a great option of playing old PS3 games by streaming. Allowing Steam would add immense value to Xbox One. Xbox One would enjoy its library grow to the 1000,s in months with indies and devs only really having to map controls and…

3,396 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Outlook App

Have an Outlook app and notifications when we get emails

3,188 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Update the resolution and frame rate for the Game DVR

If possible, the resolution and frame rate for the Game DVR needs to be increased, as more and more games will begin to use higher specs than the 720p and 30fps of the DVR.

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with a similar idea posted by Nile528. Thanks everyone!]

3,158 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Game DVR and Upload Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Snap Center: Press LB or RB to adjust Volume Balance

The new Snap Center has a "Press X to Record That" prompt, which gave me an idea:

I'd like to be able to adjust the Sound Mixer slider from within the Snap Center by pressing LB and RB.

This will allow users to adjust the volume balance between main and snapped games/apps without having to launch the Settings app.

3,079 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Watch Friend's Game

Steam has started doing this with the ability to select an option in the dropdown on a n online friend and watch their game. There's something about having this built into the system that makes it vastly more appealing to me than the standard ways you can stream/watch currently via Twitch on Xbox One. Simply having it only turn on when someone wants to watch, and having that be just a friend is way more interesting.

I think this would have to include collaboration between Twitch and Microsoft to get this integrated into the system but it could manifest as…

2,899 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support Java, a Full PC Standard VM on Xbox One

Be able to play games such as runescape and wow cross platform, same worlds and play with my PC freinds. This is the best thing ever and I really want this. If Sony does this before you I'll be so annoyed. Bring continuity to the next level, beat Sony and do what apples doing in a way that suits your devices, true next gen cross platform mmorpg gaming on the same worlds, PC or Xbox one. Secure a trade deal with oracle and leave Sony short strawed, lots of money to be made. Come on, you can do it!!!!!!

2,630 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Browsers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring Sky Go to Xbox One

The Xbox 360 has loads of entertainment applications whereas the Xbox one has only a few, my favourite was sky go and being able to go into a party while watching your shows would be great too!

2,550 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

200 comments  ·  Video Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Xbox One Gamerpic Editor App

The possibility to create your own unique gamerpic,real life pictures with kinect for good friends or your facebook pic and the chance to download 360 wallpapers and pictures to your one with a small editor maybe to customize-called ,,the xbox pimp my picture app"

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with similar posts from *XenoGlitch, B00ME and WOMBAT33R. Thanks, everyone!]

2,454 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Other Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Twitch Stream Quality to 3500kbps

Full 1080p quality. That would be lovely.

2,342 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base