Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

"Xbox, what time is it?" voice command

I think it would be cool and convenient to have the time displayed when doing anything away from the home screen by saying, "Xbox, what time is it?" instead off having to pause what you are doing and returning to the home screen or picking up my phone, etc...

2,879 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AmbitiousOne313 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Drennshere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Cortana set an alarm for 1 hour I think Cortana going to need this so I don't over play but make it so that it either makes like a special sound or a thing pop up on screen or both and make the pop up not affect your gaming so u can set the position of it on the screen

• MidgemanXXX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Xbox show time" and have it discreetly show up in the top left hand corner, that way you can still see the prompt for STOP LISTENING

• AG3NT WH1T3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also would like to see a weather widget next to the clock for the local or any chosen location.. It's just nice to know.. not like I would go outside anyways.. the sun burns and at night there are werewolves.

• purlivin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to say"Xbox show time" to display clock. Or say "Xbox what time is it" for Cortana to say aloud

• Swift Proto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new Windows 10 UI update trailer you said you could do anything without leaving your game (if you have a Kinect).

So with this update, could you add voice commands like "Cortana, what time is it?" and "Cortana, what's my battery life?"

• TheClowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to post this same thing. Whilst watching TV or playing a game you say "Xbox what's the time?" And a little clock appears in the corner for a few seconds. Simple really. You could offer customisation options such as an analogue or digital clock.

• eXLarge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just posted the same idea, think this should be a simple feature..not good seeing it was postet almost a year ago :(

• Six64Four commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now this is a great idea. I would love to be able to say "Xbox Time," and have a brief image of the current time show up on the screen then disappear. Or heck, even enable a setting so that it's always there, in spite of possible conflicts with parts of the HUD in any given game. It would be a great option to play with.

• Gatada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer just "Xbox Time", and have it overlay the screen top right corner for 10 seconds.

• SgtMajor762 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure you can go to the home screen or press the xbox button, but what if you are just watching TV and you don't even have your controller handy. A notification pop with the time in it would be great. A single action instead of having to open and close the home screen in two actions.

• EoRdE6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, just click the home button once, there is time, then click B and your back in the app

• ChapperzTV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Easy enough to do I'd imagine and it would stop you having to go back to dashboard to check.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base