Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Make Cortana be able to do things like Alexa from amazon echo

Amazons echo and alexa are what Xbox One should have been able to do from the beginning with Kinect and voice apps...hopefully Cortana will do this..
apps/voice control/home automation/music/weather/sports/information and everthing else Alexa can do now

390 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Samiam1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DWrecK1984 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Second smart home / connected home integration should have been there as soon as it was available on PC

• STEF52 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about home automation controls like controlling the NEST or HUE lights. A way to pull up security cams would be great too.

• Kelps Sousa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does work, kind of, but not all commands work properly. I am in Brazil and I had to change my Xbox to English and location to United States in order for all the commands to work properly with Cortana. I noticed that language and location are not locked to each other anymore, but if I change my location to Brazil and leave language as English many commands stop working without any good reason (like "what time is it" or "let's play ????" for example). I understand that Cortana in Portuguese is still in the works (only available in the Fast Win 10 Insider Preview for now) , but it is SO inferior to the English version that it is almost useless and I fear the same will happen on Xbox. Sad that on launch (back in 2013) I was able to do more with voice and actually navigate and use most of the apps and UI than I can now, not to mention that "hey Cortana" isn't as practical as "Xbox" and takes way too long to take simple actions as play and pause (at least it seems more reliable, when the internet is on)

• Snipenat0r89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a great idea! It would feel SO much better to have this around without just saying simple commands to the Xbox One, it adds a deeper sense of connectivity that gamers can have!

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base