Cortana & Kinect

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Kinect sensor. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how Kinect works, using Kinect to sign in, voice commands, or gaming experiences with the Kinect Sensor.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Cortana & Kinect forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make a Xbox One version of Kinect Party Please! The kids love it!

The only reason I still keep my Xbox 360 is for the kinect games that my kids love that aren't on the Xbox One, especially Kinect Party. This is even more needed since the backwards compatibility doesn't support Kinect games!

118 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Kinect to Transmit Video While Using the Sensor for Gaming

PLEASE CHECK THIS POST OUT BEFORE READING THIS ONE

VR - Virtual Reality - Xbox

Come out with an updated kinect that has sensor capabilities in it for use with motion controllers so that way i dont have to use the camera for motion controllers and the camera can be reserved for broadcasting with twitch while playing a game

Thats alot to use a camera for VR headset, motion controllers, broadcasting alot of data transfer

113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection for Xbox One

er want tog playboy kinect sport ultimate on xbox one

108 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the kinect to be used when playing DVD's

When ever I play a DVD using the Xbox the kinect gestures do not work. It would be nice to also control the DVD menu using the kinect too.

107 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Single Handed controller for Kinect, to give us real games like FPS, Action & more!

We can't have real action of FPS games on Kinect because there is no way to move your character in the environment. Everything in Kinect is on Rails, so gaining the ability of Kinect to move your body, causes us to lose the very important aspect of moving in the game. Why not have a simple single handed controller with an analog stick so we can move in 3D space and retain our ability to use Kinect.

With this we can have FPS, #rd person and any kind of action game. We could have amazing sword fighting, or lightsaber duels,…

101 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Say "Xbox, volume slider" and adjust volume with on-screen grabbable slider

Say, "Xbox, volume slider" for an on-screen volume sliding bar to appear. The kinect should allow the user to "grab" the marker for the volume and slide it to allow much faster, intuitive volume control.

99 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Personal image to Cortana

In the Halo Universe, each IA has a different appearance (Afro, War Pilot, etc).

Could make each player / user to scan a picture or an image (with the Kinect, for example) to give a different personal appearance to the application Cortana

98 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have Cortana be able to tell you your current score in multiplayer gamers

Being able to ask Cortana "How am I doing?" or "What's the score?" And have her reply with "You currently have 20 kills and 7 deaths" or "Your team is currently winning by 5 points with 2 minutes to go", contextually reading in-game data.

Would be awesome to be able to ask that and have it read out instead of having to wait for a good time to pull up the in-game scoreboard.

97 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Xbox, Rewind 10 seconds for 360

I have noticed that whenever I use voice commands to rewind/fast forward I tend to over or undershoot my target, which then requires more rewinding or fast forwarding. It gets even worse if the Kinect misses your command to stop. To avoid this, I suggest telling the Xbox how much to go back or forward in the command. For example
    "Xbox, rewind 10 seconds"
    That would remove the problem of missing your target.

96 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Playroom for kinect

Like the Playroom on the PS4, Have something like that to show off the kinects full potential.

96 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox "Ring My Phone"

Use the "Find my phone" feature that's on Windows Phone (and if possible, through Smartglass on other platforms) to remote ring your phone (It's like losing your remote).

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Turn on Xbox when Room lights turn on

This would be a great feature that turns on the xbox when someone enters the room even without saying Xbox on. This is ideal when someone wants to access their media the moment they enter their apt/room.

Once the console is on, turning on lights on or off shouldn't affect the game.

91 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Initiate leaning motions in FPS games using Kinect

Use the Kinect to lean in games, specifically Fps. Most games do not have the option to lean around a corner to look. You have to put you whole body out there. Having the option with Kinect to lean around corners would set the Xbox One head and shoulders above other consoles for Fps games.

86 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. You and your friend should be able to see each other through the Kinect while playing the game.

I wanna be able to play against my friend on Madden and be able to see him, so I can see his reactions . That is sweet..... not just Madden, nba 2k, Destiny, all games

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability for kids to use Kinect to draw on Live TV with Gestures

Kids should be able to draw on live TV with a voice command. Xbox ~ Allow drawing! Then Kinect draws on the tv by hand motions. When it's time to stop watching Sesame Street you say Xbox ~ Erase drawing.

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have the Kinect scan products and provide information on them

Have the Kinect scan any product universally and also scan tag images or watermarks to get to understand that product and what other option can be extended to full access point to access point.

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Kinect Chat Mute Option (Mute Other Players Using Kinect)

I would love to have an overall option to mute players that don't use a headset mic, but the kinect mic.
    With that you would be able to instantly mute players that seem to be un-aware their Kinect Mic is open constantly.

My fun gaming experiences should not be ruined crying babies, barking dogs, wives being angry, mothers freaking out and groups of friends screaming in excitement...

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use one phrase to search with Bing

Right now on the Xbox One, if you want to do a Bing search you have to say "Xbox Bing", then wait for the Bing app to initialize to a landing page and then speak your search phrase. This two-step method is cumbersome and actually worse than the one-step system that the Xbox 360 uses. I suggest going back to the 360's version of a Bing search where you can just say "Xbox Bing ABC" and it will give you the results of "ABC" without having to go to a separate Bing landing page first.

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use your tablet as a Kinect

Instead of buying a $150 for Kinect if u have a Windows tablet u could use it as a Kinect. Why not it has a camera and microphone?

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use ENGLISH voice commands in CZECH REPUBLIC on 360

I'd like to use voice commands on my Xbox 360 but I can't because I have Czech Republic locale. Why I can't use English commands? Thank you.

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Cortana & Kinect

Feedback and Knowledge Base