Cortana & Kinect

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Kinect sensor. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how Kinect works, using Kinect to sign in, voice commands, or gaming experiences with the Kinect Sensor.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Cortana & Kinect forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. "Xbox Turn Off" with No Confirmation Option

It would be convenient if the user was able to skip the confirmation step when using the "Xbox, turn off" command. This can be an option that can be toggled either on or off depending on your preference.

171 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option for Kinect to auto sign in only on controller pick-up.

Often when my brother is playing on the Xbox I get signed in whenever I walk into the room, and notifications for me start popping up because my friends think I'm playing. Adding an option for this to only work when I pick up the controller is easily possible and would be very convenient because then I would almost certainly want to be signed in.

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to choose how long you want to record something via kinect

As well as being able to say "Xbox record that" for a quick 30 second recording, you should also be able to say "Xbox record 1 minute", "Xbox record 2 minutes", and so on to quickly record longer footage without having to come out of the game and fiddle with the DVR as sometimes it is not convenient - especially in online play.

164 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Kinect Fun Labs

Bring kinect fun labs (and existing mini games) to XB1 as a central point / party game

161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Kinect Games Obvious

I see you have listed all Xbox One games yet in the description there is no detailed information whether or not it is a Kinect game or Controller or Hybrid. This is marketing 101. I notice those that are obvious Kinect games don't mention that is a Kinect game. People want to have a reason to buy these games for the Kinect. Make it obvious whether or not games are Kinect friendly.

160 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Asking Cortana about cheat codes

Cortana should be aware of any cheat codes available for the game you're playing. I should say "Cortana, are there any cheat codes for this game?" She should proceed to pull them up in a transparent screen and/or ask us if we want to enable a specific cheat code.

156 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Kinect Star Wars for Xbox One Kinect

What You guys or you guys at Microsoft should make is Star Wars Kinect 2!!! This should feature and include content from the New Star Wars Sequel Trilogy(Once it is fully completed) and new stuff from the Star Wars Cannon that hasn't been explored or explained yet in a Star Wars Game!!! It should have 3D capabilities to make it a FUN and MEMORABLE for Families to play and enjoy. It should ALSO include VR capabilities too, to make it even more fun and interactive. It would be cool if it even would be on the Xbox 360, as well…

154 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Nike+ Kinect Training for Xbox One

I missed it so much! This is the best kinect game I like in the xbox 360!! Please bring it back.

153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Xbox What's New" Command

What the Xbox needs is a "Xbox What's New" voice command and then the Xbox brings up a list of all the New Games, DLC, Video, Music....etc listed by release date.

146 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change "Hey Cortana" to Avoid Conflicts with Windows 10 and other Windows Services

Please consider changing the voice keywords for Cortana or allowing for different variations to avoid unwanted responses from other Windows devices.

For example, when watching a video on the XBox One and attempting to pause you would say "Hey Cortana Pause". However, saying "Hey Cortana" will also activate Cortana on my Windows 10 PC or my Windows 10 laptop. This is rather frustrating in a multi-person household where any person may be on any of these devices at any time.

It could be avoided by either slightly changing the activation phrase or by allowing device specific activation (like keeping "XBox…

141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. kinect feature "xbox, change input"

kinect feature "Xbox, Change Input"... allowing you to scroll the the inputs of your tv to access other things plugged in (ex. xbox 360, cable box, other gaming system).

i hate having to find my remote to change inputs on my tv. I tell my Xb1 to "xbox, on" to turn on my tv and to "xbox, volume up/down". Its not like
    im turning off xb1 to play 360. I think itd be a handy easy feature to impliment, especially since the xb1 has my remote code already to control the tv.

138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Daily Briefing From Cortana

Similar to Windows 10 Cortana will tell you about the info you care about weather, sports scores, upcoming game times, friends achievements, news related to your favorite TV shows or most watched TV channels, or if a movie you want to see has been added to Netflix streaming or Xbox video, etc.

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Program Kinect IR Remote Commands

Allow us to add additional voice commands for connects, similar to a learning IR remote. There should be a way to teach Kinect a remote command and an associate command work. Perhaps there could be a trigger term ("xbox special ...") and then the user could define a word to associate with the remote command. This would be useful for teaching the xbox how to change inputs or to command a DVR by voice. Perhaps that could lead to crowdsourcing of DVR voice commands.

133 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use Kinect to detect and notify when children are too close to the television

Optionally set the features that, when you are too close to tv (kinect):
    - automatically pause whatever you are doing (game, tv, mediaplayer)
    - alert you are too close to the TV
    - the activity resumes when you distance yourself from tv

This would be very useful to keep children at the right distance from tv. They tends to stay very close to it.

Feature can be disabled only by adult account.

132 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Turn on controller with the kinect

Be able to turn on the controller thats assigned to your profile incase you cant find it so you can use the buzz feature which needs the time it buzzs lengthened

130 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Xbox, Go to Pins" Voice Command

Most of the time when I turn on and start games and apps with my Xbox its with my voice. To get to the Pins section from Home right now requires saying "Xbox select...Page down...Page down." Adding a simple "Xbox go to my Pins/my stuff" would make this easier and keep the kinect relevant.

128 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Voice recognition (Kinect recognizes specific people)

The kinect should have the ability to detect whose voice is speaking because it can get distracting when someone wants t mess with you and turns off your xbox, and if your voice changes you can type in a password to set it for your new voice.

[Mod Edit: This was merged with similar ideas from ELITEZOMBIE178 and others. Thanks everyone!]

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Go to Channel by Saying "Watch (Name of Show)"

If there is a show you enjoy that is on TV, I think it would be cool to just say "XBox, watch (Name of Show)" instead of saying "XBox, watch (Name of Show)". Sometimes the Kinect has issue hearing the name of the channel, and I feel it would be easier to just say the name of the show you want to watch instead. This can also help if you do not know what channel the show is on.

123 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make a Xbox One version of Kinect Party Please! The kids love it!

The only reason I still keep my Xbox 360 is for the kinect games that my kids love that aren't on the Xbox One, especially Kinect Party. This is even more needed since the backwards compatibility doesn't support Kinect games!

119 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Cortana & Kinect

Feedback and Knowledge Base