Cortana & Kinect

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Kinect sensor. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how Kinect works, using Kinect to sign in, voice commands, or gaming experiences with the Kinect Sensor.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Cortana & Kinect forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Use Facial Recognition to set online status to "Away" if user leaves the room

After a certain amount of time (say, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, etc. User-defined perhaps) the Kinect would know that no one is currently in front of the console, and would change the user's online status to "Away." Xbox would take all of the notifications during that time (invites, messages, etc.) and display them once the user is in front of the Kinect again.

3,755 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect games, perhaps many of these games would perform better using the Xbox One Kinect

1 frustrating thing with kinect games on the Xbox 360 is the Xbox 360 kinect. Put simply causing unnecessary game difficulty due to bad tracking.

From personal experience, I find that the Xbox One Kinect is much better and i would love to go back and play the xbox 360 games that gave me so many issues and play them using a better sensor, the xbox one Kinect!

[Mod Edit: Now that backward compatability has been announced, this idea has been merged with similar ideas from BDad09, LinieFolie08 and others. Thanks everyone!]

3,640 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

295 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep Hand Gestures Active on Xbox One Dashboard

Keep hand gestures please so that we can keep the complete functionality of kinect and so it doesn't take away choice. You promised that with kinect you feel the full experience of the Xbox one which would differentiate from other consoles . so prove it and listen to kinect users for a change

2,114 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

356 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create Character In Your Likeness With Kinect

I think it's time to take created characters to the next level. Using the kinect, we should have the option to take scans of our face and bodies to use in games. This is a feature that can be used in any game that allows the player to create a character. Maybe make it so you can save the image or multiple images to use in several games. It could be called J.U.I.C.E or Join Us In Creating Everyone.

1,697 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Turn Off Gestures

The xbox one needs an option to turn off gesture controls separately from the kinect. I have a small child and when I'm using the xbox she sometimes activates the gesture controls while playing. I still want to use voice controls so turning off the kinect is not a good enough option.

1,575 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Kinect Extension Cable

An extension cable for Kinect would be awesome. My xbox isn't very close to my TV so I have to stretch the cable across the floor instead of being able to hide it with the rest of my cables.

1,498 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

349 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More games for kinect

They simply need to support the Kinect more. Not just the lame voice commands, but actual games like they had for 360. This accessory should be more than a glorified remote.

1,199 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When our Xbox One is on, and the Kinect recognizes us or we sign in, it says "Hi (Our Name)"

When we turn our XBOX ONE on and sign in, at the bottom of the screen it says "Hi (Our Name)". Can y'all upgrade that by putting: "Good Morning (Our Name)", "Good Afternoon (Our Name)", "Good Evening (Our Name)"...But I don't know what it should say when it's late and we sign in, maybe y'all can think of something funny when it's late. But this will make a GREAT upgrade.

988 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. IllumiRoom - make it happen!!

Remember that amazing tech demo make it real. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IllumiRoom

894 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Disable Kinect mic for games, but enable for apps (Skype)

Would love to disable Kinect mic for game chat, but want it enabled for Skype. Would be nice if it was an in-game/app setting instead of global. At least if not per game, give two global options, one for games and one for apps.

826 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make a new Kinect Sports that has the sports of Xbox 360 Kinect Sports

Make new Kinect Sports that have the sports of XBOX 360 Kinect sports like Golf, Skiing, Darts, Boxing, Track and Field etc.
    It would be lovely to have these games and I assure you that they will be bestsellers

776 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Re-enable Kinect Presence for NXOE

Since the removal of gesture control from the NXOE dashboard the Kinect is no longer detecting room "presence." For example, remaining idle on the home screen, pausing a video, or playing a title from something like Jackbox where there is no controller interaction will dim the screen and ultimately shutdown the Xbox. Previously, the Kinect would detect the user presence in the room and keep the device active. Don't have to bring back gestures (they rarely worked anyway), but can presence be returned?

690 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 444 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Turn off Kinect sensor with a voice command

"Xbox, turn off Kinect." Turn off Kinect sensor with a voice command.

411 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use Kinect voice commands to set alarms

"Xbox set alarm for 9pm", "Xbox set timer for 10 minutes". The Xbox One is the center of the home. We use our phones for little timers, it would be helpful if the xbox could provide the same functionality.

Audio and Visual alarm/timers.

401 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let us take pictures using kinect

Please allow us to take pictures using kinetic and have an app to view in a slide show in the photo gallery. My kinect is in my living room and it would be nice if I could say xbox take picture and have it stored in the gallery. Same with video.

397 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Kinect Star Wars for Xbox One

Apparently I am in the minority when it comes to Kinect Star Wars as I loved the idea of training as a Jedi and actually using "realistic" moves...not to mention the great cardio and leg workout I got playing. However, Is there an upgraded Kinect Star Wars on the table for Xbox One? Are you planning on revamping Kinect Star Wars based on the new Star Wars 7: The Force Unleashed movie?

389 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. All Kinect 1.0 games playable on Kinect 2.0

This would increase usage and value of kinect. Kinect lacks software. Make all original kinect games available for kinect 2.0 users.

383 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow the Kinect to record your reaction/in-game audio during a game clip!

How cool would it be when you get an amazing head shot or an awesome goal in FIFA to capture your own reaction to the moment after you say "Xbox, Record that!" ? I can recall many times when i have gone to replay a clip and found myself wishing that i could have captured the whole moment such as the funny things that were said or the surprise look on my face after a crazy moment! The interface for this could be something twitch-esq where the Kinect goes into a dual capture type mode and there is just a…

363 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Whatever happened to scanning in 3D items?

examples- apparel (<loss of money in avatar marketplace?), toy guns, hoola hoop, catcher's mit, matchbox cars, dolls/figurines, cards, guitars, etc.

Kinects scans the items in 3D to scale in the game and interacts with the game somehow. Example- Avatar is now wearing gloves the respective user actually owns.

I heard about this and then it never happened? Thoughts?

343 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Cortana & Kinect

Feedback and Knowledge Base