Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Choose the Voice for Cortana

With Cortana coming soon with the new xbox one experience, it would have been great to choose from a list of voices.
My choice goes to the voice of Lara Croft and maybe some female gamers prefer some male voice too.

2,007 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tr0uF shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • OV ALL RAGE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if she sounded and had the exact character/ sense of humor ect as the original Cortana. I really wished her avatar× was displayed and moved on the left or right side of dashboard like she's really engaging the player.I envision her having her arm propped up on whatever window's are displayed at the time. Even leaning against the tv perimeter ect.I have all sorts of ideas to bring her to"life". Like the dashboards is her home or office !

• Tormaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of customizable voices, even Cortana from Halo being the voice would be awesome.

• drum4bums commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would have to have a different name than Cortana for additional voices. Like Xbox Voices or XV? Marcus Fenix, Lara Croft, Jarvis from Iron Man, Bender from Futurama, etc.
    Me:"Optimus Prime, turn on."
    Optimus: "Powering on"
    Me:"Optimus Prime, turn off."
    Optimus: "Remember, we are always watching"
    Me: O_O

• LukeCloudFoot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dumb suggestion. Cortana is a character. There are much more important things to be suggesting and voting on.

• Lucif Exire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those wanting Cortana to have a mans voice just no, Cortana can't be a male or can't have a voice from another game. Instead heres an idea instead of picking different voice let us pick between 3 Female( Cortana, Kalmiya[Cortanas older sister], or Serina) and 3 Male AIs (Roland ,Governor Solen,or Warden Eternal, 343 Guilty Spark ) from the Halo games. This is the only why that makes since the AIs don't have to be the ones I put because they are examples and yes I want them personally

• Lucif Exire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No Cortana can't be a male or can't have a voice from another game. Here's an idea instead of picking different voice let us pick between 3 Female( Cortana, Kalmiya[Cortanas older sister], or Serina) and 3 Male AIs (Roland ,Governor Solen,or Warden Eternal, 343 Guilty Spark ) from the Halo games. This is the only why that makes since the AIs don't have to be the ones I put because they are examples and yes I want them personally

• MINECRAFTER6012 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow us to be able to make movie,game,and cartoon characters voices replace Cortana's voice.Mabye through in a few quotes or phrases in response to our search results like C-3PO could say "This is madness!" or another character like Homer Simpson say one of his many funny phrases.Altough I would defiantly pay for something like this.I under stand this could be a bit hard but, this is one idea I hope could possible work.

• JAS LIVES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need cortanas voice and instead of saying "xbox" we sould say "cortana"
    Because i say things it and its no where close to xbox and it does comands

• roflpunch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on! Me, and everyone else want to be able to walk into our living rooms, and speak, "JARVIS, PLAY HALO."

Or Hal9000. Or <insert your favorite name here>.

Yeah?

• ANGEL Sjogaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tony Starks Ai Jarvis could be nice to have
    And it should still work if your have language settings for other than English. But still speak English to it:)

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base