Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Cortana reads notifications

Sense I'm using my WP any new SMS I receive Cortana ( as I think) says you got new message , and if I open it, she read the message for me.

Will I hope Cortana came to the X-1, and any new messages or achievement unlock or received invite from friend or any thing else that could be read Cortana says it. In the end its better to hear it.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "better to hear it - Cortana read notifications on mobile."

1,242 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SniCopX shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LoneWolfx202 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once Cortana goes live, there should be a command that has her read or play voice messages over the game you are currently playing, on the fly, so you dont have to leave the game to check in a snapped app. Or something similar.

• S O L 007 A C E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For instance a few examples Cortana could say is

you have a friend who is online
    you just won your first race you have twenty gamerscore,
    you have just received a party /game invite
    you are in apps
    you are in settings etc

• LuciferLion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be awesome, I think this might be in the wrong category though. "Apps" or "Gaming & Achievements" might be a better fit, maybe "Friends, Parties, Profile, & Activity Feed."

Anyway, totally awesome idea. I play a bit more competitively and don't always have time to read messages. Sometimes I even end up ignoring messages from my superiors and game admin because I don't have time during a firefight to check who the messages are from, let-alone actually read them. Having that kind of TtS feature would certainly fix that, well, as long as I'm able to hear it.

• DOA Floyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be awesome. I have the Nokia 1020 Windows 8.1 and Cortana would be great too give u info like said.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base