Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect games, perhaps many of these games would perform better using the Xbox One Kinect

1 frustrating thing with kinect games on the Xbox 360 is the Xbox 360 kinect. Put simply causing unnecessary game difficulty due to bad tracking.

From personal experience, I find that the Xbox One Kinect is much better and i would love to go back and play the xbox 360 games that gave me so many issues and play them using a better sensor, the xbox one Kinect!

[Mod Edit: Now that backward compatability has been announced, this idea has been merged with similar ideas from BDad09, LinieFolie08 and others. Thanks everyone!]

3,837 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Solid Gofer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

309 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • lzmik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, I want to buy xbox one s because I want to play new games but my kids love to play kinect adventures :(

• PappaCharly87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you sold the kinect 2 with the xbox one, and the kinect adaptor for the xbox one S, you have to make posible the backwards for the games that use kinect 1, or continue developing New games. I am disapointed with Microsoft in this aspect. I feel cheated. You offered me the kinect 2, so I bought it. But there are very few games!!

• WarblingFan44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make Kinect Star Wars compatible with xbox one! My kids loved it! JUst dance is cool but the dancing Imperial Stormtroopers or song about Han Solo is nowhere else(((

• M4TH3U51 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring to the xbox one the central dance franchise (1,2,3), without being retrocompatable but may be some collector's edition, PHILL SPENCER BRINGS THE BEST KINECT GAME ALREADY CREATED IN HISTORY PLEASE

• Irvsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - just look at the selection of games that do not involve a gun and you will quickly see how minimal MS selection is. I got the XBOX One because the kinect sensor is AMAZING and now am pretty much stuck with Kinect Sports Rivals which my kids (and me) actually enjoy and the dance series. At least migrate the Pixar/Wipeout series and if you must do something with a gun then do Gunstringer. PLEASE migrate the more family friendly games as well. Not every 7 year old should be doing Call of Duty Black (shoot everyone in sight) Ops.

• canadaTamilan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

backward-compatibility Microsoft you are right ..add all kinect games to the list whats wrong .

• FlamingFire41 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WOW so disappointed in my Xbox OneS, 23 out of my 25 games on Xbox 360 are not compatible on Xbox OneS. Don't be fouled stay away from Xbox one. I'm reinstalling my Xbox 360. SOOOO FRUSTRATING. Never doing any microsoft purchases again.

• ImMasterSpartan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand why they discontinued the kinect but there is no reason not to make it back compatible with 360 kinect games. I was so excited when child of eden was free for GWG i finally pulled my XO kinect out of the box after years untouched Only to find out it doesnt work with the game. There are no games out worth buying for it and all i want is to play child of eden and the original kinect sports. There is litterally nothing worth doing with the XO kinect. Make this happen Microsoft so i can at least get some use out of this overpriced paperweight

• swagi666 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Child of Eden as a GwG-Title this month it just seems odd to not use Kinect with it.

Are you afraid that people will actually realize how much Kinect Sports Rivals sucks in contrast to its 360 predecessors?

• SmoothhhJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also more games for the Kinect 2. I have seen what it can do. It's great. It's a lost if no more kinect games would be made! Kids love it!

• SmoothhhJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make Kinect Adventures compatible with xbox one! My kids loved it and there are not much games on the Xbox one Kinect yet! Young kids love the game!

• WamblyBird6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason why I bought Xbox 360 and Xbox one against concurents, because the kinect. I thought it is something amazing and modern what can help you stay fit and healthy even if you play videogames. I thought that microsoft will continue this way represent healthy lifestyle. Now it is so many years and there are not kinect games at all (except some short list) which can represent the uniquest of Xbox against other. Every next update is killing this awesome product. So if is any chance to using kinect better and play more games using it I think it is the right way. I hope that it will be possible to play Xbox 360 kinect games on Xbox one or There will be more new kinect games for Xbox one.

• Destroyer7242 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kinect games are awesome and they were so fun back in the Xbox 360 days... COME ON MICROSOFT PUT KINECT GAMES ON THE XBOX ONE!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base