Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect games, perhaps many of these games would perform better using the Xbox One Kinect

1 frustrating thing with kinect games on the Xbox 360 is the Xbox 360 kinect. Put simply causing unnecessary game difficulty due to bad tracking.

From personal experience, I find that the Xbox One Kinect is much better and i would love to go back and play the xbox 360 games that gave me so many issues and play them using a better sensor, the xbox one Kinect!

[Mod Edit: Now that backward compatability has been announced, this idea has been merged with similar ideas from BDad09, LinieFolie08 and others. Thanks everyone!]

3,647 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Solid Gofer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

295 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SmoothhhJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also more games for the Kinect 2. I have seen what it can do. It's great. It's a lost if no more kinect games would be made! Kids love it!

• SmoothhhJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make Kinect Adventures compatible with xbox one! My kids loved it and there are not much games on the Xbox one Kinect yet! Young kids love the game!

• WamblyBird6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason why I bought Xbox 360 and Xbox one against concurents, because the kinect. I thought it is something amazing and modern what can help you stay fit and healthy even if you play videogames. I thought that microsoft will continue this way represent healthy lifestyle. Now it is so many years and there are not kinect games at all (except some short list) which can represent the uniquest of Xbox against other. Every next update is killing this awesome product. So if is any chance to using kinect better and play more games using it I think it is the right way. I hope that it will be possible to play Xbox 360 kinect games on Xbox one or There will be more new kinect games for Xbox one.

• Destroyer7242 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kinect games are awesome and they were so fun back in the Xbox 360 days... COME ON MICROSOFT PUT KINECT GAMES ON THE XBOX ONE!

• Cris725 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you know how many years did kinect been in the game xbox and how it is diffrent now

• ItsAlloy5287697 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought XBox one with Kinect because the seller told me that there were many games for kinect and the reality is that they are very few. It is frustrating to keep selling the console with Kinect and there are no new games or games for xbox 360 that are compatible with xbox one + kinect 2.

• VjOnItGood81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox One Kinect is the best motion sensor ever. Whomever said this Kinect was bad or worse than the first one were just overreacting. You really have to try it out first before you think of criticizing it. It really is an accessory to have for the Xbox One.

• LiSheng1982 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really happy with Nike Training Club on my Xbox 360. Let me play this on Xbox 1.
    Please do this for xbox one. Dont kill KINECT2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PunkWannaB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked the Nike+Kinect Training and UFC trainer (except for Mountain Climber and V ups!). It would be awesomeNest if it was backwards compatible with Xbox one, or if they just "remastered" those games for this generation. The Xbox one Kinect v2 seems impressive. I wish they continued to have more free workout games. Perhaps also release a Kinect v3 - that is powered via USB for the Xbox One X/s?

• Medwilsonlopes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the xbox 360 kinect games, especially the dance games, for me the DANCE CENTRAL 1, 2 and 3 should be ported (Backawardscompatibility) or remastered for xbox one. The main reason that led me to leave on the Playstation and migrate to the xbox was the Kinect. I'm very sad to see such a nice peripheral being practically being left out. After having known all the benefits of being a member of xbox, nowadays, I do not see myself on another console platform because MS has gotten me used to being a very satisfied customer. I just regret that you have not left more great games for kinect.

• no1nct commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because of the lack of support for 360 Kinect games, we weren't even going to replace our Xbox One. My husband switched to PS4. We now have an Xbox One purchased as a present from family. Thinking of trading for a 360. Would really love it if the 360 games could take advantage of the new sensor, especially since you are doing away with Xbox Fitness, the only thing we use the new Kinect for!!!!!!!!

• matrixdragondao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft working currently on Universal Windows Platform software to be able to access and operate on devices running diferent OS and obviously hardware as well.So why xbox 360 owners have to fight so hard to get they favorite xbox kinect games available on XBOX ONE? If it is diferent hardware why it's call XBOX ONE with KINECT then ? XBOX ONE as a new HARDWARE based console changed name since it is totality different product from XBOX 360 devices witch are still getting upgraded and updated as a separate platform. So why XBOX ONE MOTION SENSOR is called KINECT since its is totally different device. New and imported HARDWARE and SOFTWARE was required to match XBOX ONE advanced technology witch allow us to use it im full potential. Now it's up to customers if they want to pay so much money for new XBOX ONE with KINECT and not being able to continue enjoy games

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base