Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

Create Character In Your Likeness With Kinect

I think it's time to take created characters to the next level. Using the kinect, we should have the option to take scans of our face and bodies to use in games. This is a feature that can be used in any game that allows the player to create a character. Maybe make it so you can save the image or multiple images to use in several games. It could be called J.U.I.C.E or Join Us In Creating Everyone.

1,698 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BOODED BANDIT shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BsEizEr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great nemonic device, I would just say the same idea with an emphasis on the xbox one avatars.

• G0DsBu11et commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be voice filter's options making you sound like one of the games characters or famous people, funny, scary etc.

• Menaical Dream commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im a big rpg fan and always try to accurately portray my own likeness into my characters. We need to support this as you have no idea how many RPG fans would absolutely love this!! Kinects face mapping could be used to creat a true likeness to yourself. Maybe make it into an app that creates your "gameface" and encourage devs to support microsoft game face app in character creation suites. This is a small thing that will garner a ton of support

• Grumpybum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised this wasn't something that could be done at launch on the One. Surely it would be the Killer App for Kinect. I would certainly plug mine back in if we had this feature.

• ELPMarine0719 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be in game. Microsoft would have nothing to do with a game creating a character. The creators of the game itself which allows you to make your own character would have to implement this. Yes maybe you would have to do a system update for the Xbox and the connect for some kind of scam future but the game itself would have to allow you to do it not the Xbox one or the Kinect. A big thing like wrestling games are you can literally modify every part of the Games character. Or even Elder Scroll online where you can like a just the facial features the skin tone all that different stuff the game itself but have to allow you to be able to scan your body this isn't necessarily just a Microsoft thing.

• MonsterRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the same , Games like Fallout 4 with a charakter looks like me is a fantastic idea and promise a lot of more fun

• PLATINUM BossXL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this. I want to be able to use avatars like on the 360 and have them represent us in our actual scanned likeness sort of like on Kinect sports rivals. PS Microsoft if you're listening everyone I know love's the Kinect 2.0 especially it's voice commands. Make more games for the device don't let anyone detract from the Kinects intended vision. Truth be told it's only Sony fan boys who talk badly about Kinect.....Everyone else loves it. Color me impressed with the tech. Keep up the great work.

• Rodger D Alien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That failed miserably on NBA 2k 2015. Even though it would be great. I was very excited to do it on NBA and wow it's awful. 50+ tries and not even 1 usable version.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base