Find ideas for desired voice commands and other Kinect suggestions here

The ability to say 'Xbox Appear Offline/Online'

Instead of having to go into Friends -> My Profile to appear offline or online It would be nice if we could just say 'Xbox Appear Offline' or Xbox Appear Online'.

1,266 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Danny Bizzle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ItsReever commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh man, as comatose mob said, busy or away would be great! I like to record Let's Plays. So a busy status would be great, letting you ignore party invites, messages, and friend sign on notifications while keeping achievement notifications would be awesome. A custom busy status option too.

• JBerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have the Online/Offline indicator appear on the dashboard as well. It has happened several times where I go offline one day and forget that I am still appearing offline when I sign in after several days of inactivity. The only way to check is:

- Go to Dashboard
    - Open Friends App
    - Go to My Profile
    - Check tiny Online/Offline dot

• JBerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice to have the ability to show offline BEFORE signing in, like on 360. As it is, you have to sign in first, then go through the steps to show offline.

• ozguno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As old as this is;

Xbox Snap Friends
    Appear Offline
    Xbox Unsnap

Done.

• MrZweistein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes please, at the moment it takes to many steps to change between online and offline for the profile!

• HulkingHunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you appear offline now it shows your friends you been last seen at "friends".
    When i see my friends last seen at "friends" im almost sure there just appearing offline.. The ability to say "xbox appear offline" would fix this aswell as you can say it while in a game so they see that game as the last thing you where doing.
    They should really put this in!

• PSZOMBIEKILLER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good but if y appear offline and unlock achievmenr the activuty feed it will show it
    ..i think it wil be better as a stealthy offline mode that what y doing then it will show it later....but y can do it by go to settings and put no one to see whem y are online

• BRiT wtfdotcom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is such a hassle to swap online/offline status. It would be a nice user improvement to have the online/offline status be voice controlled and also available via the Profile Icon net to the notifications icon on the home screen.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base